Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Ludo Palinckx, i live in the Netherlands in Europe.

I own a Chevrolet S10, and i'm specific looking for a Canyon, or a Colorado, from 2007 til 2009, it has to be a 5 cilinder regular cab 2wd, because of the taxes overhere in Holland.

I found 1, that i wan't to buy, here is the link to the car

: 2008 GMC Canyon SL, $10,995 - Cars.com

I'm wandering if anyone could help me out, to visit the dealer, look at the car, take it for a spin, negociate the price of selling, and inform me about it.

Next steps i can do myself, buy the car and ship it to the Netherlands.

Other things someone might do for me, is get some parts, let's say i order them, to be deliverd at your adress, and you put them on, or in the car, before it ships out.
Thinking about a back-cover, maybe instal it on the car, and looking for a York compressor.

Those things aren't as important, 1st off is the car, parts don't have to, if you don't feeel like it, it's just extra.

I know it's a lot to ask, if anyone is intersted to help me out, it would be a great help.

I don't know how the payments from here to the U.S.A. work yet, but it isn't ment that you pay for the car or the parts for me, i will make the payments from overhere

You can reach me at : [email protected]

With kind regards,

V8Cowboy : Ludo Palinckx

·
I haz no truck
3,545 Posts
Sounds like a scam. Why don't you fly over here and look at the truck yourself. Then get it shipped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because it will cost me too much maybe, just asking if someone lives in the neighboorhood, he would check up on the car, later on i can make the arrangements with the dealer, but i don't know how things work exactly in the U.S., so i ask for some advice from you guys.

Said before, don't have to make any payments in my name or something like that, just need a helping hand.

Getting such a car to Europe, cause that's where i live, is already expensive enough, and i'm no millionair either.

So if somebody is willing to help is much appreciated.

kinds regards,

V8Cowboy = Ludo Palinckx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I looked in Germany, had 2 bids on 2 different cars, an 2004, and a 2008, but by the time i could get a day off, of work, they both been sold, not so many off them in Germany also.

There are 4 of them for sale rightnow, and 1 in the Netherlands, but neither of them i'm interested, they run on LPG, or the wrong 4 cilinder engine, and so on.

So right now we can choose from 5 cars, and i'll have to import them too, altough it's cheaper that way, i'd rather buy one i wan't and drive it for many years with pleasure.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I would bet that there are at least a dozen members who live within an hour of Effingham, so at least one of them should be able to help you out. It looks like you picked a pretty good truck, and hope that everything works out for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would bet that there are at least a dozen members who live within an hour of Effingham, so at least one of them should be able to help you out. It looks like you picked a pretty good truck, and hope that everything works out for you.
Thanx xscott71x, i hope so, just have to be patience and see if some one would help.

About the car, it's just what i'm looking for and hard or almost impossible to find overhere.

Looking for a car wich i can drive for a long time, like my S10.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
General motors here in Sweden inport Colorados only 2005 they have to chance every cylinderheads so they only have the modell for 1 year.

you can look at the link to see if its a new car for sale.

and if you found one you can use company to transport it to Nederlands

Utrikes Biltransport - EUROTRANSPORT

I have use them and they are very good and I think the cost is 500 to 600 euros to ship the car. I pay 380 euros to transport an BMW Alpina from Hannover to Öerebro Sweden.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah, ok, i wil keep that in mind, and look to the page frequently, to see if a interesting car comes around,

thanks for the links

1 - 12 of 12 Posts