Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new to the whole lifted 4x4 truck scene since all I've done is bring them closer to the ground. But I've recently came in the market for a new truck and I wanted something I could have some fun in and I came across this 05 colorado 3.5, 4x4, auto, with 130000 miles. It looks to be lifted and taken care of. I've come to y'all to see if the price of $7850 is a decent price or should I haggle? The truck has been sitting on the lot for over a year and has came down from $10,000. Also is there any thing I should look for on these trucks that may have gone bad or wore out? Much appreciated!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice looking truck, has potential. Already has a few mods, Idk what the market is like where you are but I would say that's a little high being as it has 130k miles and its a regular cab. It doesn't appear to actually be lifted, probably just a torsion bar crank but then again Idk what sub model it is. Overall from the pics it looks like a nice truck. As far as anything being damaged or worn out, make sure the heat/ac work good and are fully functional as our resistors and wires for the heat/ac like to go bad. Also get the carfax and ask if they've had any passlock issues with the truck.

If it helps at all I bought my truck November of 2012 for $6,500, guy was asking $7,000 but I talked him down. Mine is a 2005 Colorado Ext. Cab z71 4x4 LS I5 & had 80k miles when I bought it. Just depends on condition and location mainly. Go on kellybluebook.com and get a Value. Goodluck with purchase!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info man, I thought it was alil over priced to be a reg cab as well. Well hopefully I'll go up today and take it for a spin and be able to test everything out. What exactly is the passlock? I assume something with engaging the 4x4?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I can't explain to you exactly what passlock is because I've never had any issues with it myself (knock on wood) or fully understand it myself but alot of guys have problems with it, it doesn't have anything to do with 4x4. It's something with the computer/module that causes problems with our trucks to start. There are many threads on here, if you search passlock issues or something along that you'll get several threads on here that you can read and have a better understanding of what it is that way if/when you ask the lot about it you have a better understanding and especially if they don't know what you're talking about haha

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah I gotcha now! Well I'll see what I can find out from the dealer but I may try and offer 6-6500 for it. Depending on how it runs

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh yeah I gotcha now! Well I'll see what I can find out from the dealer but I may try and offer 6-6500 for it. Depending on how it runs

Sounds like a much more reasonable price to me but it is a stealership haha plus if they started out at $10,000 a year ago and are down to $7800 or whatever you said it was now then you can probably get them lower haha

:salute:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crazy part is that even kbb is listing it at $7500 and thats only putting that it has 4x4 and it has a 3.5. But luckily I know the dealer so he may can cut me a deal.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Dealers don't cut deals unless you haggle. So yes, haggle away. Always. Friends are only friends when money isn't involved.

I'll agree with above, see if that head has been replaced. There were a number of failed heads on that engine. Take the VIN to a DEALERSHIP and have it run up. If it has not been replaced, then it is simply a gamble whether or not it will fail on you. There is no magic number or percentage of failures. It's hit and miss.

If KBB says that cost is about right, then you just haggle until you are satisfied with the purchase price. Don't forget that you have to add tax and license fees on top of your purchase.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Lifting and all that depreciates the value of vehicles. So it's not worth 7500.

·
I haz no truck
3,545 Posts
The previous owners name was Rusty. I'm sure a few of the members on here or cfans remember him cause he was a total dick. Sorry I can't remember his username.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well ofcourse I go up to take a closer look at the truck that had been sitting there for over a year and it was gone:/ I believe they took it to the auction or moved it to another lot so I'll call tomorrow to find out more. I hope they didn't sell it

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just bought my truck in Florida last week
2004 colorado z85 3.5 liter auto trans and 91,707 miles
He wanted $9989.00 for it
I got it for $9189.00
It has zero literally zero rust and zero rust body work or repair Florida truck it's whole life
Everything works doors locks, 4wd, runs and starts fine shifts fine etc.
4" rancho suspension lift
33" tires that we're not so great so I had to replace them as soon as I got it well ok I didn't have to but they were getting to that point.
No rips in seat no rips or stains in carpets etc..
It does have a few minor dents and scratches.
I'm happy with what I paid for it, so far.
I believe tranny and engine are always a gamble

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Try not to get them too excited. If they know you are ready to buy, they will keep the price high. Your best bet would be an approach something like asking if they have it available to see or drive as you noticed it when you drove by the other day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts