Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its finally here... my body drop thread for my truck! i'm sure many of you have seen this coming and i did too but actually not this fast or this crazy for that matter. Either way its going down again. another 3 1/4" to be exact and i'm going up to 22's. The work is being done by Barely Legal Fabrication out of MI. They do grade A work and stand behind it. Go to their website and check them out. Barely Legal Welding & Fabrication

I'm sure some of you have seen my rendering of what i'd kind of like it to look like with the new set of dueces. heres a little list of whats going to be happening.

New Mods to go along with BD
-Full custom frame front to back
-22x9.5 Lorenzo WL20 wheels wrapped in Yokohama Parada Spec X -265/30/22 tires
-LS1 Engine with 4L60e Tranny
-Silverado spindles
-Silverado rear end

and of course some more little extra's to go along with it.

Well, on with the pics! Enjoy!

Wheels

Tires

Rendering

And frame in progress! MMMM

I'll be updating the thread as the build goes of course

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Damn man.....a new frame!!!?? That's some serious shit! Someone's got some loot laying around......:lol:

Can't wait to see it done!:355:

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
you got to be shitting me.......did I here LS1?? I didnt know you were going so far out. MY FAV THREAD. bookmarking this one!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya thanks guys, i was actually going to do a crew cab long bed colorado on a full custom frame but i'm buying a house so i had to cut costs and being i already have a colorado that saves me a couple thousand right there... haha

but ya V8 full frame completely custom! i'll keep you all posted!

O ya and the funds came from my Uncle Sam while i was in Iraq! haha

·
Registered
971 Posts
That is gonna be insane. Barely Legal does awesome work, good choice on the shop. You're gonna have one badass truck once everything is done.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
this would have to be the most customized colorado out there when completed!!!!!

can you go into any more details about the

and of course some more little extra's to go along with it
or will we just have to wait and see. do you have any idea on a time line for completion?

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
very nice man

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this would have to be the most customized colorado out there when completed!!!!!

can you go into any more details about the

or will we just have to wait and see. do you have any idea on a time line for completion?
Theres a bit more in there but an interior that hopefully looks as good as Colacanyon's is planned along with some suicide doors... stuff like that.

And ya this is going to take me a while... prolly wont have the truck on the frame till next fall cuz i'm going to trailer this frame to shows this year and show them both off!

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
please tell me that you're going to something other than that block of a front bumper! i love the rendering except for that piece, it's an eyesore. maybe modify your SS bumper to work with the BD?

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
wow, this thing is going to be NUTS!

<~ jealous

I cant WAIT to see this done

1 - 20 of 138 Posts