Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a question
I would like to put a throttle body spacer and a cold air intake on my 2012 Chevy Colorado I5 3.7 L but don’t know if any that would be suggestions and any that I’ve liked at such as K&N or Jet don’t give any products that at specified for my truck
Curious if any recommendations or know of what is compatible with my year

·
Registered
336 Posts
Waste of money IMHO, spacers are about as useful as snake oil, save when you have to put in a extra line in a manifold system for perhaps a nitro setup.

Our truck's intake air is carefully and electronically metered out by the MAF sensor / PCM and controlled by the throttle body, therefore the spacer is useless in our air intake systems.(they are really better used on older, carborated engines)

Instead, get your throttle body ported by SuperModulation if you really want to sink some money into your air intake system and see some dubious gains.

The truck already has a fairly efficient stock cold-air intake system, the K&N might help a bit, but there are other ways to "skin a cat" as it were if you're looking for more horsepower.

Something I'm looking into currently, I do like the plug & play aspect of it. :cool:(y)

Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I would consider drop in filter that is less restrictive, but ultimately making the throttle body larger and exhaust less restrictive is best bet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts