Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the group and joined in hopes of solving my issue I’ve been at for a while. Recently did a full rebuild on my 2004 2.8. At 180k. The timing was done once already around 150k and I finally decided to do it all now that I got some engine noise again. Almost done with assembly and wanted to replace the cam phaser/actuator but I cannot find one. The current one I have is discontinued but offered on eBay for 399$. Rock auto doesn’t even offer one for that specific year and model. If I jump other years and engine sizes they offer but nothing for mine. Anybody found one that worked or someone that doesn’t sell one for a 1/3 of what I have in the rebuild. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
521 Posts
There's a thread here that verified the newer style (06+) will fit and work properly, and happily they are cheaper and of an improved design. I'll be doing this myself on my '05.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a thread here that verified the newer style (06+) will fit and work properly, and happily they are cheaper and of an improved design. I'll be doing this myself on my '05.
could you point me if the right direction of the thread. I’ve searched all over and can’t seem to find a direct answer. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts