Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a MBRP cat-back that needs to be replaced (i cheaped out and bought aluminized instead of stainless), and was wondering what you guys would recommend as a good replacement. I liked the sound of the MBRP and need something that'll last in the salt belt. I know you guys get these questions all the time so sorry in advance!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
lots of salt on the roads where I am from(indy) and my glass pack has lasted 4 years so far and no problems

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I am running a Flowtech Red Hots & love the sound of it !!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
With the borla pro xs muffler which one did you get. And is there and drone inside the cab. The magnaflow cat back with a 14 inch resonator I still get a drone I the cab at 1500rpm. Hwy speed is fine just around town gets annoying after 6 hours of driving.

T

·
0 Posts
not so much, don't remember, now dual borla 40358 with the v8 swap, much quieter at idle

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
not so much, don't remember, now dual borla 40358 with the v8 swap, much quieter at idle
Ok thanks. I was looking at the larger borla muffler and adding the borla specailty muffler as a resonator. Or just buy the gmpp cat back.

Stupid drone. And with towing my travel tralier I think the extra heat killed the magnaflow and I am not happy with there return policy.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ran a Thrush in my 3.5. Way too much drone at HWY speeds. Currently running a FlowMaster Delta 50 in my 3.7. Much quieter on HWY, but there is some drone at lower speeds. Listen to all the clips you can, and search YouTube.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts