Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put American Racing Bajas on my truck!

http://www.americanracing.com/wheel...72&desc=1-piece chrome plated alloy&section=S

However it's a 2WD Z85 Canyon... I don't want to change the suspension at all, but I do want to add Z-71 flares.

What size wheels/tires would allow me to do that w/o any rubbing or any need to trim? 15x8, 15x7? What is the lug pattern for our trucks?

Thanks for the help,
Brian

PS I just want something that will look fine w/ teh Z-71 flares... big wheels/tires aren't necessary, just something that's wide enough to look ok. This truck isn't going off-road and the smaller wheels/tires are actually and advantage for towing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet... 6x5.5... where be Blaine!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Also, not any ol' 6x5.5 rim will work. We don't have the same hub diameter as full size trucks. Our hub diameter is something like 100.3mm, so make sure you get wheels that will fit that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Oh thanks... I'll keep that in mind.

What size wheel/tire can I run on my truk w/o rubbing w/o having to lift it. I just want some wider wheels so I can run the Z-71 flares w/o looking wierd.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
On the tires wheels you can run Either the 7 or 8 inch wide wheel and a 31" tire should clear with the proper back spacing. if you get the same specks on the wheels as a z71 wheel you can clear 31 with out a lift. and a z71 wheel is a 15x7 with 33mm offset

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Thanks... I'm looking at AR Bajas 15x7 w/ -6mm offset and 3.5" backspacing... should work great w/ teh Z-71 flares.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ Thanks... they should sitck out 39mm more than oem if oem is indeed +33 offset. Looking at the OEM Z-71 setup they're not fully flush w/ the flares as is so I don't tink 39mm is going to hurt.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
measure from the center of the rim to the top of the body lip and let me know ...
oldman

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I want to put American Racing Bajas on my truck!

http://www.americanracing.com/wheel...72&desc=1-piece chrome plated alloy&section=S

However it's a 2WD Z85 Canyon... I don't want to change the suspension at all, but I do want to add Z-71 flares.

What size wheels/tires would allow me to do that w/o any rubbing or any need to trim? 15x8, 15x7? What is the lug pattern for our trucks?

Thanks for the help,
Brian

PS I just want something that will look fine w/ teh Z-71 flares... big wheels/tires aren't necessary, just something that's wide enough to look ok. This truck isn't going off-road and the smaller wheels/tires are actually and advantage for towing.
i have the american racing baja rims on my truck they are 15x10's check out my garage! they do throw alot of shit on ur truck tho flares wouldnt be a bad idea!:355:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts