Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i have a stock 2004 crew cab zq8, 3.5....other than making the truck squat a lot, would it be all good to be able to pull a trailer with a s-10 on it, without having problems?

thanks in advance, :355:
brad

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Depends on how far. Around town or across country? We're (3.5L's) rated for 4K but some say they've tow'ed more without a problem. I've hauled a few honda's around on a tow dolly with no problems. And I know CodeRed has towed an actual loaded car trailer with his......

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I towed a 94 Mitsubishi Mighty Max across the country with my 05 4 cyl. There was no problem, from California to Florida.

M

·
0 Posts
Depends on how far. Around town or across country? We're (3.5L's) rated for 4K but some say they've tow'ed more without a problem. I've hauled a few honda's around on a tow dolly with no problems. And I know CodeRed has towed an actual loaded car trailer with his......
I towed a 94 Mitsubishi Mighty Max across the country with my 05 4 cyl. There was no problem, from California to Florida.
Wow, with no brake upgrades? Nice. I was worried about pulling my lightly loaded 6x10' trailer from VA to WI, but I guess this thread answers that question.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
no up grades at all. the only thing I did to that truck was audio. and inside my Mighty Max I had it loaded with all of my stuff.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
hahaha........well.......brakes would've been nice! Stopping wasn't the easiest task to do, but doable none the less. If you're only gonna tow once in a great while, then yea, you can get away without them. But if you tow more often, then they're almost a must have.

For about a year I hauled around a 6X12 enclosed trailer. It held 2 quads and all our gear. Trailer was 1300 dry, plus the quads and gear...turned out to be around 2500lbs. it was a single axle so it didn't have brakes, but I had them installed anyway. Reasons being, I hauled it like 2-3 times a month and I didn't want to burn up my truck brakes stopping it. And also, you never know when you're gonna have to stop in a hurry. Around some neighborhood and some kids run out in front of ya, or on the highway in heavy traffic. I basically installed them for peace of mind.

So if you guys are gonna haul more often than not, and if you have the means....I highly recommend having them installed. I still have the brake controller in my truck. Even though I don't have the trailer anymore, never know when I might haul again so I just left it in there.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts