Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I made an appt to get a car alarm to protect my truck somewhat. Its a deterrent and I wouldn't turn away. I don't have power anything so it'll be unarmed and key in the door lol. The guy said it is equivalent to a viper system. I dont remember the name but I'll find out in the morrow. He says they can add power locks at a later time if I want which I would like. More than anything at least power windows. I hate leaning across the cab. I'm getting the system with installation for 225. I think that's a pretty good deal. The addition of power regulators for the locks of 150. What type of security do you guys have and do you like it? Recommendations please

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
637 Posts
Dude adding actuators to manual doors is a piece of cake. There is a How-To on also. I got a DEI 2-way Alarm and 2 actuators for 100 bucks and installed it in a couple hours. That's pretty high in my opinion but you do somewhere completely different than I do so maybe prices vary.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude adding actuators to manual doors is a piece of cake. There is a How-To on also. I got a DEI 2-way Alarm and 2 actuators for 100 bucks and installed it in a couple hours. That's pretty high in my opinion but you do somewhere completely different than I do so maybe prices vary.

I guess the reason I think its cheap is cause I also had a 2way on my Mach1 with the keyless start and work around installed since it was a 5speed and I spent like Seven something on it. So when I see 2 something I get excited lol. I just want something very inexpensive cause in some months when the new rado comes out, this one is goin to the curb for dirt ass cheap. In my apt complex we arent allowed to work on our cars in our parking spots. So this is my next cheapest option .

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Dude I found some actuators via eBay for like twenty bucks. New question how is it to convert to power windows. Also I probably would need to get a new pannel with buttons for it huh?

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can get aftermarket power window conversion kits pretty cheap and do not need to change your door panels

Includes switch pods - Amazon.com: Absolute HW600 Power Window Conversion Kit: Car Electronics

No switch pods - Amazon.com: XO Vision PW202 2 Door Power Window Kit: Car Electronics
That's dude. So I presume I just cut a whole in the existing wall to put the buttons huh?

P.S. didn't you guys just pick up a dope QB in the draft?

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
That's dude. So I presume I just cut a whole in the existing wall to put the buttons huh?

P.S. didn't you guys just pick up a dope QB in the draft?

Yup, either holes for the switches or holes for the wiring with the pods.

Oakland snagged Derek Carr Fresno State. Dude's a beast! Hope he will be the same in the NFL

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me ask you this. If I go to a pick n pull and get the pannel off of a rado/canyon that had power, wouldn't that not only be cleaner but I would be able to use those buttons. Connect the new wire to the ports? Im just wondering cause that'll be ideal.

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I glanced at the directions and immediately came to the conclusion that the 150 bucks dude wants to charge me doesn't sound so expensive hahaha hey that's advanced. When it comes to electrical I'm not one who wants go shock the shit outta myself.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sure the installer has to yank my battery while installing the alarm. Would that have an affect on the tune I have. I shouldn't have to get it retuned because the battery is disconnected right?

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
I glanced at the directions and immediately came to the conclusion that the 150 bucks dude wants to charge me doesn't sound so expensive hahaha hey that's advanced. When it comes to electrical I'm not one who wants go shock the shit outta myself.

That and you don't want to short out the BCM or PSM either! lol

I'm sure the installer has to yank my battery while installing the alarm. Would that have an affect on the tune I have. I shouldn't have to get it retuned because the battery is disconnected right?

No, you will not lose the tune

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alarms in. Someone else was there and charges me fifty bucks more. Alarm company is Avital. No shock sensor or any of that fancey ish.

Guy tells me my truck has the actuator for the power lock on the passenger but not the driver side. That cuts down on future cost.

·
Banned
637 Posts
Well Avital is a DEI product so you got yourself a very nice quality alarm, I've ran them for years and never had the first problem at all. And there has got to be a fellow 355er near you that can help you knock out the power locks in a afternoon or wait until the next closet meet and someone could probably help you there too.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Appreciate it. The 355 site for this area none posts on so I don't even use that crap ass site anymore.

So I drive down the street after picking up my truck and the radio no longer works. So I turn around and go back. Dude who installed my shit is gone for the day. Great I'll go back after the gym. Im not blowing it off two days in a row for shitty production. I dropped off my truck at 9am and they had that shit till 330. I happened to be in a buddies truck and drove by while my rado is chillin in front of the store. Not like anyone else has shit to do. This whole ordeal has left a bad taste in my mouth. I have to go back tomorrow to get my sterio to work again.

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
Appreciate it. The 355 site for this area none posts on so I don't even use that crap ass site anymore.

So I drive down the street after picking up my truck and the radio no longer works. So I turn around and go back. Dude who installed my shit is gone for the day. Great I'll go back after the gym. Im not blowing it off two days in a row for shitty production. I dropped off my truck at 9am and they had that shit till 330. I happened to be in a buddies truck and drove by while my rado is chillin in front of the store. Not like anyone else has shit to do. This whole ordeal has left a bad taste in my mouth. I have to go back tomorrow to get my sterio to work again.

Really? Crap ass site?? You do realize I am the admin on that crap ass site, don't you? Post a question or send a PM and it will get answered. Sorry that all of us NorCal members are busy working stiffs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts