Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We talked about this a little at a meet in PGH (Pittsburgh) yesterday...

It might be a good idea to get a handle on any caravans going to MESM '10.

I'm coming from WHG (Wheeling), taking 70 straight over. I'm heading out Friday, but I don't know what time yet. I'm open to whatever anyone else would want to do if you're going to be coming from my general area or hitting 70 at some point that we could meet up at.

-Forrest

Who am I kidding, just call me skitz. All of you fuckers do in person anyway haha.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I know us up here in Mich. where talking about hopefully meeting up with others around the 70/75 just north of Dayton. Then heading over together just need to see about the times that others could make that area on Friday.

·
Skitz 6/20/84-6/27/11
3,592 Posts
Thanks for starting this Skitz.

I am definitely down for this!

I also sent a PM to the New York guys to give them a heads up about this thread. I am not sure they have access here or not.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
I will look at travel times but I'll end up either taking 76W through Akron to Lodi then South on 71 to Columbus where I'll grab 70 all the way in.

Or 11S to meet up with you fuckers in Wheeling and just caravan all the way along 70.

Google Maps also suggested shooting straight across Ohio to hit up 75 then 75S to 70 in Dayton.

Akron/71 Route: 338mi ~5h 35m (~3h solo ride time)
Wheeling/70 Route: 383mi ~6h 33m (~3h solo ride time)
X-Ohio/75 Route: 366mi ~6h 10m (~1h solo ride time) - Leaning toward this option cuz it's the least solo time out of the options.

Google suggested a whole bunch of different options along rt 70 so just let me know where the major meet spot is and I'll be there.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I won't be drivin in till Saturday morning so gonna be a day behind most of u guys but if anyone is leaving Saturday and want to hook up on I70 I will be on 70 from the house to Indy!!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I will look at travel times but I'll end up either taking 76W through Akron to Lodi then South on 71 to Columbus where I'll grab 70 all the way in.
Or 11S to meet up with you fuckers in Wheeling and just caravan all the way along 70.
Google Maps also suggested shooting straight across Ohio to hit up 75 then 75S to 70 in Dayton.
Akron/71 Route: 338mi ~5h 35m (~3h solo ride time)
Wheeling/70 Route: 383mi ~6h 33m (~3h solo ride time)
X-Ohio/75 Route: 366mi ~6h 10m (~1h solo ride time) - Leaning toward this option cuz it's the least solo time out of the options.
Google suggested a whole bunch of different options along rt 70 so just let me know where the major meet spot is and I'll be there.
Detroit to Dayton to Indy , Indy is 339 miles and 5.5 hrs travel time. :ugh: Detoit to Indy is 290 miles and 4.5 hrs drive time . glen:wavey:

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
NM then. I must have read the MI caravan thread wrong. My bad Glen.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
ah.

·
Skitz 6/20/84-6/27/11
3,592 Posts
I was thinking that maybe if everyone does come across 70 that this might be a good spot for us Michigan guys to meet ya. It is the second exit after 75 heading West. Looks like there si a few places to gather there. Maybe catch lunch or something, dunno throwing it out there.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Fine by me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Monk that looks pretty good. I see a Big Boy, Bob Evans, Subway, Pizza Hut, Advance Auto Parts, and Sunoco for fuel. All right on that S. Main St just north of the 70.

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Canyonfan13, Try to be at the park by like 11 or 12 Oclock! I think thats when they would like people to show up. :thumbup:

·
Skitz 6/20/84-6/27/11
3,592 Posts
Fine by me.
Monk that looks pretty good. I see a Big Boy, Bob Evans, Subway, Pizza Hut, Advance Auto Parts, and Sunoco for fuel. All right on that S. Main St just north of the 70.
The other reason I selected this one was because the first exit is for the airport. Hell there is even a metropark there. Maybe a BBQ before hand? We would need some more research there though to make sure there is grills.

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
i'll be there, but yinz might have to drive alittle slower so my broke ass truck can keep up....

·
Skitz 6/20/84-6/27/11
3,592 Posts
i'll be there, but yinz might have to drive alittle slower so my broke ass truck can keep up....
I will wait for ya. I will also make sure there is not a hill challenge to attempt :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts