Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor told me its not good to have a bunch of black carbon or what ever it is around the tip, is this true? Is it just because i have an after market exhaust and that im runnin it infront of the back tires so its an extremely short pipe? or is something wrong with my truck?

·
Registered
253 Posts
these trucks all run rich out of the factory. i'm sure everyone here has noticed it. i know mine did a lot more than some others, i got it tuned though and we turned the fuel mixture down and its all but disappeared now. no need to worry about it at all.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
If you know your trucks running straight... don't let morons who know nothing about it tell you things are wrong. ;)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
If you know your trucks running straight... don't let morons who know nothing about it tell you things are wrong. ;)
well said :salute:

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
well said :salute:
Thanks man... i've had so many people walk up on me when i'm doing things trying to tell me this is better or that works a different way... but guess what my shits got 84k miles and it's still runnin like a champ. :355:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i hear ya on that ZNA

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Just do what I do - go drive through a river. Cleans it right up. :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ha yeah my truck is running perfect, absolutely no problems what so ever, i plan on getting a tune soon once i get bigger tires so hopefully that will help too.

·
0 Posts
There is an excessive amount of build up...I cleaned my throttle body 5000 miles ago and last week I noticed my idle was a little off so I took it off again and to my surprise it was filthy...

This brings me back to my concern about my cat being/starting to be plugged. I still haven't had time to remove it to see if it really is...In my case i think its just excessive back pressure causing it because my truck runs rougher, the idle fluctuates more, and its performance has slowly been decreasing...I called the dealer today and asked if they had any seen any other colorados with plugged cats and he said no...then he told me all those symptoms could be caused by the IAC failing or a bad MAP sensor...I had to stop myself from laughing and just hung up...for the local guys, it was a service advisor at Midway that told me that...

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
I'm going to add to this. I noticed an excessive amount of carbon build up on mine as well. So much it was all over my rear bumper when my turn down tip fell off. (Gibson exhaust, used a turn down instead of supplied tailipe)

I noticed when i was changing my oil. ( 2.9L) if i put the full 5 quarts in like the manual says too. the dipstick reads overfull. I noticed that if i only put 4.5 quarts in it its right at the full mark.

Could having too much oil in cause excessive carbon build up?

M

·
0 Posts
I'm going to add to this. I noticed an excessive amount of carbon build up on mine as well. So much it was all over my rear bumper when my turn down tip fell off. (Gibson exhaust, used a turn down instead of supplied tailipe)

I noticed when i was changing my oil. ( 2.9L) if i put the full 5 quarts in like the manual says too. the dipstick reads overfull. I noticed that if i only put 4.5 quarts in it its right at the full mark.

Could having too much oil in cause excessive carbon build up?
Sure it could. Good call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts