Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
while back, I picked up a screw in one of my tires. plug didn't hold, and shop couldn't patch it, too close to the side wall. had to wait on tax return for a new tire, so I got a used one.

was a clean tire inside and out, worn, but plenty of tread for a temp tire. I checked it out myself before they put it on the rim.

well, we left Georgia, moved back to Maryland, then I drove back down for my class in Miami. this happened right after I crossed into GA...

75-80mph when KLABAAMMMM..thump..thump....bangbangbang and me about shitting myself and having a heartattack at the same time. naturally I got to the side of the road safely, thru the spare on, and made it the last 45min to my buddies place, where I was gonna stay the night anyway.

today, I see all this....

front of the wheel well... even knocked the air line off one of the air horn trumpets

rear of well...

front of the side steps...

out of four side step mounts, 3 look like this. second mount from the front is only help by the middle weld....

830 this morning, I'm dropping that wheel off at walmart for a new tire (sunday in southeast Georgia, no one else open...)
Goodyear Wrangler TrailMark

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh shit... totally forgot about the poor mudflap... lol

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Damn Nick

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kenny jus has everything... lol

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Sucks... glad you are OK though

·
Registered
682 Posts
At the speed you stated,I'm sure you know what could have happened.Sucks but shit can be repaired.Never short cut on tires,not worth it.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At the speed you stated,I'm sure you know what could have happened.Sucks but shit can be repaired.Never short cut on tires,not worth it.
yea. speed limit was 70 at that point, and was trying to finish that last bit for the night. and yea, could have been way worse

Glad you're OK. Could have been much worse. This made me lol a bit.
:lol: with all that was going on that night, I didn't really check damage on the road, tho nothing was obviously majorly broke. next morning I look at it all while at my friends apartment. didn't even think of the mud flap. good excuse to take the other three off... lol

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol yeah Rich. It happened so quickly. Never sa damage to the tire. And I was even even under it with the front in the air. I jus thought the alignment was off, as the truck was pulling to the left (that was the right tire). But truck drives straight with a new tire...

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
Did you check the date of manufacture on the tire that blew?

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you check the date of manufacture on the tire that blew?
No. Didn't plan to have it this long. Would have gotten new tires before the trip, but no one could get the ones I already had.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts