Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd go ahead and start this since I've been thinking about it. Got the idea from a similar thread in the Capital Chapter, so here's one for us :thumbup:

The purpose of this is to give us a place other than the random chat thread to keep up with what projects you are working on, or have planned. I never started a build thread on my truck and I've done quite a bit to it. Since I feel it's a little late to start one now, why not have this for everyone to list what is on the agenda and maybe give tips, advise, or a helping hand if they can. Also feel free to show off anything you have done already, even if it's not on a 355!

So I'll start with a couple things.
First, I'm in the process of swapping clear reflectors in the DRL's which I know I already mentioned in the random chat. Not finished with them yet :hide: waiting on a new set of clears from Dan, and deciding on how exactly I will re-seal them

I also recently add the tailgate "spoiler" from a Xtreme. I've had it sitting around forever and finally decided to put it on the other day. I know it's not much of a difference, but hey, it's the small things, right?

I've got other stuff planned (window swap @Brad_IRL) a DIY bed liner, and other shit. Now let's hear what YOU are doing!

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Lip spoiler because Race Truck. So I've had several people wanting to trade truck for truck. Couple nice dimes and one Sonoma. Wanted that single cab colly but money talks as they say. So that's where I'am

·
Registered
30 Posts
So I'm getting my taxes back soon and I'm getting a lift. I'm wanting about a 3-4 inch lift but I'm not sure what to get?? any advice?

:salute:

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott, what bedcover do you have?
It's a custom made one from a member I think in Louisiana (504Rado) He was making them with his dad a few years ago. It is a welded aluminum frame that folds in half, covered with awning canvas and secured flush with the rails with 4 c-clamps.

The only real downfall about it is it's not water tight, and the tail gate has to be down to open/remove it (so no shaving the handle). But those 2 thing don't really bother me as I don't haul much back there. It's easily removable by myself, but a little tricky to put back on alone. I just really like it for the looks, and if I keep the gate locked whatever is in there is hidden.

·
Registered
446 Posts
So far I have a cold air intake on my truck, thrush exaust, and the duel beam mod..

Coming up I have a 2 inch coil lift (to level the front) 3 inch spindle lift and bigger tires ;)

Ill post up some pics in a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Before letting go of my truck...I had:

Leer mid-rise topper http://www.355nation.net/forum/members/4678-slide81-album1954-vehicles-picture22577-all-waxed-up-meet.jpg
Supermod Supersparkz
Supermod port and polish throttle body https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31/739718_2711477201707_1294774088_o.jpg
Lowe's intake w/ K&N Air Filter http://www.355nation.net/forum/members/4678-slide81-album1976-projects-picture19191-all-done.jpg
Double beam headlight mod http://www.355nation.net/forum/members/4678-slide81-album1976-projects-picture18956-now-quad-headlight-mod.jpg
PCM's street tune

Inside/toys:
7" BOSS Double din DVD/CD HU https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/t31/464696_1941877282190_410521977_o.jpg
License plate mounted night vision backup camera
10" Sony Xplod subwoofer in homemade sealed box https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t31/474873_1960497827692_1480779619_o.jpg
Optimus 200watt Amp

It was so much fun....God I miss my truck.

The xB:
eBay short ram intake w/ K&N filter https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/l/t31/1553123_4013861720506_1818253995_o.jpg
JVC Single din HU / Scosche dash kit
BOSS 1100m 1100watt Amp [@ 2 Ohms]
Two Sony Xplod 10" subs in homemade sealed box http://www.355nation.net/forum/members/4678-slide81-album1976-projects-picture21736-my-old-sub-box-my-1981-malibu-god-i-miss-car-its-separated-however-its-not-sealed-needs-work-but-first-project-id-ever-done-my-vehicles-update-box-now-installed-both-subs-my-2008-scion-xb-nearly-perfect-fit-i-just-had-trim-about-1-2-x-1-2-x-1-chunk-clear-rear-strut-towers.jpg
1.25" to 2" Hitch adapter w/ Harbor Freight ATV rack https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/t31/326907_3207612164771_1487854437_o.jpg

Just not sure what else to do...maybe change the stereo to one capable of a backup camera...and get a camera heh. I'd love to do a tune on it...or maybe find some means of making the bump shifter less...laggy.

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
Currently I'm doing minor stuff, got new clear uppers for the front with white LED's, and have done the Hi-beam mod (which is sweet as hell BTW). I have switchbacks on the way off of fleabay for the front turn signals. Gonna do wheels very soon, rear rollpan, tails, and LED rear tails... I'd really love to do the headlight mod like victoryredzq8 has on his truck, that is F****** badass!! :D Then I'll move on into the interior.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Lip spoiler because Race Truck. So I've had several people wanting to trade truck for truck. Couple nice dimes and one Sonoma. Wanted that single cab colly but money talks as they say. So that's where I'am
Please don't trade down..

Well I have plans but not sure when I can get to it. I want an exhaust and desperately need a tune.

Oh and really need Scott's hood and lights. Mine all suck and are beyond repair.

·
Registered
446 Posts
So bought a (brand) new 350 yesterday to go in the c30. Awesome motor and it runs strong.. plus when I ran the casting numbers it said it was a very sought after motor. It came out of a 72 c60 dump truck. The motor that's in the c30 now is going in my El Camino project after I rebuild it :)

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
So bought a (brand) new 350 yesterday to go in the c30. Awesome motor and it runs strong.. plus when I ran the casting numbers it said it was a very sought after motor. It came out of a 72 c60 dump truck. The motor that's in the c30 now is going in my El Camino project after I rebuild it :)
Love that idea. The wheezy 305 4bbl is still in our Caballero. I want to get it going again and just keep it at my home so it will get used. Dad just neglects it. All it needs to be drivable is a set of tires and an updated inspection.

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh and really need Scott's hood and lights. Mine all suck and are beyond repair.
Not sure if the lights are any better, maybe with a good cleaning :shrug: The hood isn't the best up close, but not bad either and has your name on it. I may be getting some new headlights for my reflector project, so my stockers might be available.

That being said, I'm getting a new set of clear reflectors for my truck. I have a complete set to sell so I figured I'd offer them up to you guys first. Both headlight and DRL reflectors are early sets from different makers (headlights-thethein, DRLs-un4giv3n) but they will get the job done. I'm thinking $35 shipped, will provide pics upon request

I do still have a couple other projects coming up, so more to come on those :D

Also, to everyone, feel free to post pics. Even if it's the box that you just got for your iPhone adapter for your stereo in your truck
:emoticonwithoutpics

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Not sure if the lights are any better, maybe with a good cleaning :shrug: The hood isn't the best up close, but not bad either and has your name on it. I may be getting some new headlights for my reflector project, so my stockers might be available.

That being said, I'm getting a new set of clear reflectors for my truck. I have a complete set to sell so I figured I'd offer them up to you guys first. Both headlight and DRL reflectors are early sets from different makers (headlights-thethein, DRLs-un4giv3n) but they will get the job done. I'm thinking $35 shipped, will provide pics upon request

I do still have a couple other projects coming up, so more to come on those :D

Also, to everyone, feel free to post pics. Even if it's the box that you just got for your iPhone adapter for your stereo in your truck
:emoticonwithoutpics
Edited my above post with just a 'few'. lol

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool, I can still help if needed. I know Chris (Slide81) had some good pics that helped explain it to me so I knew what to get

·
truck built on Saturday..
5,082 Posts
I have a couple things I want to do but I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit, know what I mean!!!!

- install clear reflectors that I won on Instagram!
-air up Monroe shocks in the back
-reinstall 3rd leaf.
-Maybe swap 3" blocks for 4" if I do the leafs.
-get a darn radio.
-Hawk green Brakes up front.
-rear brakes.
-WASH TRUCK
That's all I can think of now.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts