241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I like it, very simple and clean :)

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
How's the wheel-well tubbing progressing @Silver_rado09?

I have a call in to Brent, left a message to line up some shop time.
I'm gonna be eager to see your new wheel-wells if I may..

I'm after a '08 standard-cab, on my way to Greensboro to take a look at it in a few minutes. If I can snag it then I'm gonna want to tub the front wheels also, no question about it.
It's great knowing there's a shop in the area to handle that.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Got the '08. standard-cab, 3.7L automatic, 52K miles.
They're gonna deliver it to me in Greer on Friday.

The incredible thing for me is I've never been able to have a project vehicle that wasn't my d-d.
And, I have shop space available to me where I'm working up near Chesnee. Never had that before..

Not automotive shop space, no lift, but a huge fab shop with drill press, bandsaw, bench grinder, etc. that I can use evenings and weekends.

I am so gonna build a "sport-touring" street truck toy!
Gonna be super-busy with work, but I hope I'll be able to have her done by Spring.

And getting those wheel-wells tubbed is high priority.

Through winter, I gotta..

get wheels and tires
Paint the dash and rear-wall panel in black
Install dynamat and carpet (got rubber mats now)
Build a grille
install (have installed) a QA1 front suspension and Belltech front sway bar
do something with the rear suspension (say no more on that for now)
install some audio
repair the fan motor controls/resistor
install a custom 3rd brake lamp (got a blank one made of Lexan plastic waiting on some LEDs)
install some seats
install low-profile cross-member
install electric windows and power locks
install Redline hood props
install hard tonneau and a Bedrug
install an efan

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Got the '08. standard-cab, 3.7L automatic, 52K miles.
They're gonna deliver it to me in Greer on Friday.

The incredible thing for me is I've never been able to have a project vehicle that wasn't my d-d.
And, I have shop space available to me where I'm working up near Chesnee. Never had that before..

Not automotive shop space, no lift, but a huge fab shop with drill press, bandsaw, bench grinder, etc. that I can use evenings and weekends.
I've never had that before.

I am so gonna build a "sport-touring" street truck toy!
Gonna be super-busy with work, but I hope I'll be able to have her done by Spring.

And getting those wheel-wells tubbed is high priority.

Through winter, I gotta..

get wheels and tires
Paint the dash and rear-wall panel in black
Install dynamat and carpet (got rubber mats now)
Build a grille
install (have installed) a QA1 front suspension and Belltech front sway bar
do something with the rear suspension (say no more on that for now)
install some audio
repair the fan motor controls/resistor
install a custom 3rd brake lamp (got a blank one made of Lexan plastic waiting on some LEDs)
install some seats
install low-profile cross-member
install electric windows and power locks
install Redline hood props
install hard tonneau and a Bedrug
install an efan
Might I also recommend:

Tilt switch inside the tailgate
String of weather proof LEDs under the bed rails, hooked to said tilt switch
Resonator delete
Tune [get rid of Passlock and torque management]
And the hi/Lo mod for the headlights

Some are very cheap and easy. Most expensive is the tune really. But I have to say; I like the list you've got as well. Congrats on the new toy! Can't wait to see!

As some of you know, I got a new truck myself....ironically an 08 as well.

I just finished my Hi/Lo mod the other day and got my resonator delete installed along with Denso Iridiums. Just need to swap to the old style airbox now so that I can run my K&N filter too.

I have more plans for the pipe, but it'll be a little bit before it happens.

Not the prettiest job, but it works! I did cover it in tape after the picture so hopefully it'll last :)

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Might I also recommend:

Tilt switch inside the tailgate
String of weather proof LEDs under the bed rails, hooked to said tilt switch
Resonator delete
Tune [get rid of Passlock and torque management]
And the hi/Lo mod for the headlights

Some are very cheap and easy. Most expensive is the tune really. But I have to say; I like the list you've got as well. Congrats on the new toy! Can't wait to see!

As some of you know, I got a new truck myself....ironically an 08 as well.
Congratulations on your new toy also..
A man needs a motor toy of some kind. And I've never really had one myself.
I am so psyched..

Great suggestions, thanks!
I will be fabbing LEDs for everything inside and out, no question about it.
The bed will be covered with a Snugtop lid, so I'll need LEDs in there to give me some illumination.

And LED tails, LED license-plate lamp, LED everything.

And hell yes, I am going to install an 18-wheeler air horn... underneath, facing the rear.
Damn tailgaters piss me off.
I've been up and down I-26 between SC and Asheville for months.
Seen three ugly 3-car pile-ups in less than 3 months, all in the left lane..
Idiots.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
-oops-, going to private message

·
Registered
833 Posts
How's the wheel-well tubbing progressing @Silver_rado09?

I have a call in to Brent, left a message to line up some shop time.
I'm gonna be eager to see your new wheel-wells if I may..

I'm after a '08 standard-cab, on my way to Greensboro to take a look at it in a few minutes. If I can snag it then I'm gonna want to tub the front wheels also, no question about it.
It's great knowing there's a shop in the area to handle that.

@Rick_crew It's going along nicely. Make sure you tell him i referred you. Hes hopefully gonna have me done in a few weeks pm me yuour number and we can meet up unless you go to his shop first call me and I can meet you there. My truck is still at his shop.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Great to hear.

He won't return my calls.
Business must be really really good.

I left a message telling him that I'm interested in minor front-suspension work on my '05, tubbing the front of my '08, a front suspension complete rebuild and QA1 conversion on my '08, and something major on the rear of my '08.

That sounds to me like it could be $$$ boat payments for him...
I'm not in a rush, so maybe he'll get around to me.

Phone inbound by PM....

Glad to hear the tubbing is going well for you.
Can I ask what he is charging for it ballpark?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Been a while since I've done anything to Colleen.. :kiki: But this past weekend I drove down to Florida to pick up some new goodies. Hood, grille, front bumper, mirrors and roll pan. They need a little work, but thankfully only paint. So I may try my hand at some of that duplicolor color match stuff on them before SESM. Does anyone know if it's the Arctic White or Olympic White on our trucks?

Attachments

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
Been a while since I've done anything to Colleen.. :kiki: But this past weekend I drove down to Florida to pick up some new goodies. Hood, grille, front bumper, mirrors and roll pan. They need a little work, but thankfully only paint. So I may try my hand at some of that duplicolor color match stuff on them before SESM. Does anyone know if it's the Arctic White or Olympic White on our trucks?
@ChevyNOOB Check this link out: http://www.355nation.net/forum/exterior/382-oem-paint-codes.html

But to answer your question, its WA8624 / 50 Olympic White

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
I'm due for a post here, it's been a while :lol: I got some small led light bars to mount for fogs a couple months ago. Hopefully I can get them installed in the a.m. (weather permitting)

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Been working on my truck, little by little. So far I've managet to flip the 3rd brake light, which cured a bad leak and finally put the lip to use that I got from YellowStreetRod.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
One more mod off my list of hopes....Refreshed the old res delete, 3 coats of high temp white and 4 coats of high temp "clear" over the vinyl decal. Just need to either install an older airbox or mod an older one so I can run my K&N cone filter.

Minor update: swapped out the 08 airbox with an 07 airbox....runs happier now, but keeps throwing a random P0171 code when it gets colder than 55°F outside.

And a future project...

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
H3 console reinstalled, but NOT connected. Needed the cup holders ;)

I'd post up more pics, but recently replaced my phone, so naturally all of my build pics are on the old phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
May as well pull the plug on the Carolina Chapter...
It's done.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
May as well pull the plug on the Carolina Chapter...
It's done.
Sorry, I'm still around, just extremely busy thanks to my work running us 6 days a week.

No real progress has been made on my truck...unless you count fire damage as "custom"
My neighbor decided to burn leaves on a day where wind gusts were over 15mph. In short the woods next to my home caught fire as well as the ground beneath my truck. No visible damage, but I now have a constant airbag light on.

241 - 259 of 259 Posts