Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether or not the padding under the carpet will seperate from each other. I am buying replacement carpet and dont want to buy the matting too. Its 80 dollars more for the matting. I peeled it up and it looks like it will but thats just on the edge. Anyone else had theirs out??

thanks

Doug

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
most cars/trucks have the 2 seperate.. if you can.. pull up about 12 inches or so of the carpet, it i is seperate I would bet that the whole thing is 2 pieces

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fixed thanks 05x

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
so uhm when do I get your carpet DJ:usa:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Well let us know how the carpet from whichever place you're ordering works out. I wasn't really interested in putting in carpet, but now that I picture my 'rado with some dark carpet, I think it'll look sharp. :cool: Perhaps something like a dark charcoal or black would be slick.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Well let us know how the carpet from whichever place you're ordering works out. I wasn't really interested in putting in carpet, but now that I picture my 'rado with some dark carpet, I think it'll look sharp. :cool: Perhaps something like a dark charcoal or black would be slick.
unfortunately I think the only ones being made are for extended cabs. I guess we could just cut it short for a reg cab?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
unfortunately I think the only ones being made are for extended cabs. I guess we could just cut it short for a reg cab?
Huh. Didn't know that....

You should be able to cut it. Of course I've never worked with automotive carpet before, only household, and I don't know if there is much of a difference in how they're made and if cutting is plausible with the automotive counterpart.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am pretty sure it could be cut fairly easily to the size you need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts