Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, here is something that worked so well on my last vehicle that I had to put one on my new ride and I thought I would share. About 3 years ago I was looking for a way to get better cell phone reception in my truck. I checked into the powered signal boosters, but they were way out of my budget. I ran across a non-powered passive signal booster from a vendor on Ebay. I was skeptical that it would do anything, but figured at $12 it was worth the risk and ordered one. I was so pleasantly surprised with the results that I ordered one for my wife's minivan. Installation takes about 5 minutes, it is literally peel and stick. What is the proof that it works? A couple of things quickly caught my attention. One was a notorious signal dead zone on I-4 between Deland, FL and Daytona Beach, FL. I made that drive 5 days a week for 8 years and it did not matter what phone I had, I was guaranteed to drop the call when I entered that zone. I have not dropped a call in that zone since I installed the antenna on my Mercury Mariner 3 years ago. :th_woot: The other thing that caught my attention happened a few days after I installed the antenna. I was at one of my companies locations in Jacksonville and received a call while inside the building. The call quality was so poor we could barely understand each other. I walked outside hoping to get better reception but to no avail. I saw my truck sitting there and on a whim opened the door and sat down. The instant I sat down the call quality went crystal clear. So, there was never a question if I would install one on my Canyon, the only question was where to install it. On my Mariner, I installed it at the top center of the windshield (pic below)....without first checking to make sure the windshield wipers would clear it. :th_crazy: Now I have to use a passenger side wiper blade that is 2 inches shorter than OEM. I quickly discovered that location on my Canyon was out because the wiper blades come up too high. So, it is now in the top center of the rear window. It comes in 2 pieces, the 13" antenna sticks to the glass on the outside and a small antenna goes on the inside of the glass in the same location.

Attachments

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Got a link to these?

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got something like that called (wilson 4g lte antenna booster) works good for data signal
Yes it does! When I travel between Orlando and Ft Lauderdale I listen to Pandora on my phone instead of having to change radio stations. I have made the trip twice now in my Canyon before installing the antenna and the data would drop out a few times, unlike when I would drive my antenna-equipped Mariner on the same route. I got the antenna installed on my Canyon today and I will be headed back to Ft. Lauderdale Monday, so it will be a good test.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Thanks for the link.

Very very interesting.... need a bunch of these for the house alone.. lol

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
My whole house is a dead zone.... :lmao: but i also live in the mountains.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from Ft Lauderdale....Pandora never missed a beat, had data the whole way. I am going to call that a successful test.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts