Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found our center console lid to be quite uncomfortable on the elbow on long trips and have come up with a solution.

Check it out. Not sure but think I should of gone with a dark grey tweed but this is going to have to work for a while.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good... a bit out of place with the color.... looks comfy though!!
It doesn't look as dark in real life the flash really brings out the grey and not so much the black, by shifter and my dash vents and bezels are black so it matches ok there. We will see if it grows on my enough to keep it black. I should of got some grey tweed. oh well done with it now and only costed 15 bucks.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hmm that looks comfortable.. looks good...

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pleather! Rocks good job DJ to bad you couldnt get the wrinkles out.

Dave where you been buddy, hardly see you post much anymore. I am catching up to ya. lol.

The wrinkles were just not having it. I think the fabric is just to thick. Works for me though, it doesn't look bad I dont think.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I think it looks great! Tweed might actually look a little out of place because of the different style of fabric. :shrug:

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
damn that does look good DJ

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
nice work...looks good to me! Could you have gone with a little lighter gray, though? I actually have some lighter gray vinyl if you want to try it??? :shrug:

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree I should of went with a grey but it is done now and not touching it for a while, It is comfy though.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe its just me but I would probably be uncomfortable after awhile getting the seam imprinted into my arm. Other than that looks comfy though :thumbup:
You cant even feel the seem. :disgust:

I did not take pics of the install sorry. sillyoldtayo did the same thing and I think he has pics.

I used green foam that is about 1.5" thick. I used velcro so secure it on the inside and then screwed the bottom section back on to the lid which really holds it in there.

M

·
0 Posts
Looks good, and I definitely know what you're talking about when you say uncomfortable. Hard to get the gangsta lean on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts