Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im doing a fair amount of research in stepping up to properly detailing my vehicle next year. Im not a fan of chemicalguys. Adams Polishes was going to be my go to, then my friend with a 700whp CTSV recommended chadwicks triple play. Ive been looking into them to see what theyre about. Their product is no wash no soap which scares me, but my friends car is MINT so I can say ive actually seen real life results from them. Even from new england winters.

So has anyone else used them here?

Feature Product - Chadwick's Triple Play

and before anyone asks, heres pictures of his car

·
Super Moderator
13,692 Posts
1 - Chadwick’s Triple Play 32oz
1 - Chadwick’s No Sling Tire Dressing 16oz
Chadwick’s Micro Fibre Towels one 4 pack
Chadwick’s Buffer Blok
Chadwick’s No Sling Tire Dressing applicator
First off what is Triple Play? A wax, polish, sealant, or something else? It kinda sounds like a waterless wash.
This all seems overpriced for a 32oz bottle waterless wash, tire shine and some towels.

I'd start with getting the your paint perfect and then protecting it. A waterless wash doesn't do either.

I start my detailing routine with a strip wash using Dawn dish soap to remove any and all existing wax.

Next I clay bar with Clay Magic (medium) w/ Adam's detail spray as a lubricant.

Polishing using a Porter Cable 7424xp and a Lake Country Orange pad with some Meguiar’s M105 Ultra Cut Compound. This will get out the heavy swirls and scratches.

Finished with some Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish on a White Lake Country Pad to remove the fine scratches.

Once the paint is perfect, protect your work with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant. I like sealants better than wax for longevity, but feel free to a a coat of wax over the sealant for some warmth.

Get some quality (Korean) microfiber towels from The Rag Company. Their Eagle Edgeless 16 x 16 Microfiber Towels are my favorite. You'll need 4-5 towels, but you can't have too many. Their latinum Pluffle 20 x 40 Hybrid Weave Microfiber Drying Towels are a must for drying. You'll want at least two.

Adam's Super VRT is the best tire dressing I've used. Apply with a firm foam block.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1WPZB_enUS696US696&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=chadwick's triple play review

i cant really get from anyone what exactly it is. seems to be a wash, wax, and sealant forumla all in one.

we picked up their paint correction system for the drag car and it came out amazing. i was skeptical as all hell and honestly looking for something to complain about but we were both left speechless. i looked up reviews (posted above) and people from mustang forums to corvette forums to lambo forums all praised it. i didnt see any bad reviews. Ill probably finish up my product i have in the garage and start using this come spring time

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did my trucks tailgate yesterday, just spray detailed the dirt off - wasnt that dirty.

used meguiars gold series polish and then their liquid wax. gate looked mint. no swirl marks, no scratches. felt glass smooth. If anything I would like to just add a sealant before the wax. Maybe ill just keep going this route for now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Check out this guy's channel on youtube. He's extremely knowledgeable and the products look pretty good. Never tried them tho.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Sorry, but I'm too old/lazy & have my truck, wife's van, 2-motorcycles & '09 Mustang Bullitt to care for...sometimes the kiddos cars too (two more). When I want something detailed to perfection, we have a local traveling detailer in my HOA who's reasonable so I use him to do all the work. Dropped the 'stang of in the AM and picked-up in the PM all shiny/purdy. Full exterior & interior detail was $105...that's how I detail...;) :D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have something like that at my work. Leave it in a certain spot, leave the keys in a box, they come take it, detail, change oil etc and leave it back in spot for when you return from your shift. No idea the cost

·
Registered
83 Posts
I dropped the cash on the system and I had better results than a hand wash and dry and spending a ton of time with a clay bar and then a run of carnuba wax.

I never left the garage... I went through all the steps in less than an hour and it turned out as good or better than working on it for a afternoon.

I am blown away by Chadwicks. It is fine on windows mirrors anything. It does not leave white or grey. I even use it on our mirrors in the house. The real test was... yeah I did it.. I Chadwicked my 55" Samsung OLED TV! It looked better than new.

What product would you spritz dry bug guts and then wipe them off 30 seconds later and then go spray on your tv screen that is supposed to be only misted with water and toweled?

If you call the phone number on the product or the website that is Neils personal cell phone. If you have any questions you get him... the owner not some run around through 10 people reading off a screen.

And yeah my wife almost killed me when I ran in and sprayed it on the TV.....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how dirty was your truck when you did it prior?

also have any pictures of the truck?

how long have you been using CTP?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The truck stays pretty clean. I started with it shortly after purchase a little over a year ago. The paint was already in pretty good shape but I was still amazed especially since it is white.

My monte is a burgandy 06 that is approaching 200k and was covered with tree sap and walnut gunk on the roof a long with many miles of gravel roads. I used the Chadwicks on it after 10 miles of gravel road use after going to the farm. I think it had been rained on once after the gravel. I pulled it in the garage and spent an hour on it and was blown away. It was clean, that paint was smooth and it was clean!!.

Now granted I didn't get the dust and muck out from the wheelwells and etc but I live far enough out in the country one trip to the farm and dirt ends up everywhere so I still use the conventional car wash if either gets really dirty.

I went to a car show over 100 miles away a couple weeks ago... left with the truck cleaned up and after 100 miles of afternoon rural driving "bugs on top of bugs" I skipped the car wash and pulled into the show and spritzed off the front of the truck and windshield and after waiting a minute or so wiped it back clean. Windshield hood grill headlights bumper.. everything. One product and didn't even completely soil both sides of one towel.

I live in a city of 900 people so the gravel roads are only a few blocks away and that dust and dirt carries like crazy.

I have pics but they are in my post about new member from missouri.[/ATTACH]

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Forgot to update. Got this for my birthday, stuff is incredible. no effort at all and my truck is cleaner than ever before. It was so impressive to my friends that 5 of them went out and bought the car care system. Great great stuff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts