Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is weird...i have my change oil light scrolling in the truck. weird thing is i just changed the oil, a month ago and less then 1000 miles. i checked the oil i am full, its super clean so i dont understand. what is happening?:doku2:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
its the stupid computer... dont listen to it.

turn you truck to the "on" position.. but dont start it...

slowly pump the gas 3 times until u hear a "ding" "ding" "ding"

it will reset

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
The OLM has no way of knowing you changed the oil. :roll: You have to reset the computer yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
so this is weird...i have my change oil light scrolling in the truck. weird thing is i just changed the oil, a month ago and less then 1000 miles. i checked the oil i am full, its super clean so i dont understand. what is happening?:doku2:
Try this - change the filter and reset...sound like it was not reset at the last oil change and just cycled out now ...
oldman

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Try this - change the filter and reset...sound like it was not reset at the last oil change and just cycled out now ...
oldman
even so... my light went on when i first got it... at 11k... after i changed the oil i reset it.... hasn't gone off since and I now have 31k....

its a waste

·
Registered
393 Posts
yea im just about 3k miles since i changed my oil and reset it and my scangauge is tellin me i have 68% oil life left.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
yea im just about 3k miles since i changed my oil and reset it and my scangauge is tellin me i have 68% oil life left.
how do u get it to tell you your oil life? my dads silverado did that, but i didnt think our trucks had all these other features in that thingy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts