Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you do it?

... sorry if this has been asked befor, but i cant find it. how do you change it from orange, with out buying new needles if its posible?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, the needles should be paint-able, I'm not 100% sure about our trucks, but I changed my T/A needles to hyper silver by painting them white with a silver stripe...looked bad ass at night.

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
just be carefull taking them out and messing with them. I priced a set of US Speedo needles made for our specific application and it was something like $50 or 60 just for the 4 needles. I know some have gotten Silverado needles and slighlty modified them to work.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
make sure to make note of the needles position (with the truck completly off) before removing it so that you can put everything back in place like it was.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when you say paint, do you meen the just the base, of the whole thing? how would it look if i just put a blue LED behind it?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Changing to color of the LED doesn't do much to the color of the needle. Here's a pic of my Xtreme cluster with orange needles and blue LED's.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Justin, is the whole needle orange, or is it clear with orange on the back? I have heard of people removing the orange with paint thinner/remover if it is just on the back...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Justin, is the whole needle orange, or is it clear with orange on the back? I have heard of people removing the orange with paint thinner/remover if it is just on the back...
The whole thing is a clear orange plastic. The backside is white to prevent the orange from lighting up the gauge face. I wish they were clear.

BTW I still owe you your LED's swapped. I'll be out of town all next week, but we'll get them done sometime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts