1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
839 Posts
I mean for that price and the feedback doesn't seem to be very bad either.

·
Registered
839 Posts
What can it mess up in your system if anyone knows?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the most it will do is not work, maybe pop a fuse. im only hesitant because this is half of the cost of other ebay cheap systems. the biggest thing i see that could be problematic is the no name balasts, but they look like the hella balasts that the oem units use.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
the pilot kit is like 150 now days isnt it? I have htose and i know alot of others do and I know I havent had any problems with them...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
yeah... i have the Xentech kit... $89 shipped to my door... but try Higherlevelauto... they seem to be pretty good
the only advantage higherlevelauto has is that he includes the relay harness which usually is an add on for more money. is it worth the extra cost, thats up to you.

i paid $75 shipped for my xentec kit and i havent had a flicker, or anything yet.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
The reason that kit is 'cheaper' is because they're charging $30 for shipping, it works out to be about the same as the other no name eBay kits in the end.

the only advantage higherlevelauto has is that he includes the relay harness which usually is an add on for more money. is it worth the extra cost, thats up to you.

i paid $75 shipped for my xentec kit and i havent had a flicker, or anything yet.
The other benefit of buying through someone like higherlevelauto is service should a problem arise. If your eBay kit stops working after 8-10 months for whatever reason then you're probably screwed. :shrug:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dammit, i normally look at that! that explains it i must have been distracted(i was talking to the woman on the phone at the time).

ebay should change their rules to prevent these shipping scams.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I just noticed now you can sort eBay search results by Price + Shipping instead of just Price. That's a nice feature, not that it really has anything to do with your question. :lol:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
The other benefit of buying through someone like higherlevelauto is service should a problem arise. If your eBay kit stops working after 8-10 months for whatever reason then you're probably screwed. :shrug:
very true, but i can buy another set from ebay and STILL spend less than i would have on one set from higherauto.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
very true, but i can buy another set from ebay and STILL spend less than i would have on one set from higherauto.
Higherlevelauto = ~$150

ebay = ~$75

ebay X 2 = ~$150

Am I confused or have I completely forgotten how to do math? :lmao:

I hope you don't get the idea that I'm trying to force our sponsors on you. It's up to you who you want to buy from obviously, I just don't want you to forget about the guys that help pay the bills. :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I like dealing with people, thats the reason why i found higherlevelauto.com i bought my lows from them and i ordered my highs the other day and i should get them today. I dont like ebay stores for the simple face that i bought tyc tails from ebay store speedzneedz and i bought and paid for one set and then they refunded my money to my pay pal, and then filed an unpaid reminder strike. and then i wrote them an email and they said i had to buy them again so i did and then they shipped it to a random address and i never got them and then they refunded my money. so two times i have bought tyc tails and they never come and i get my money back, i am not buying ebay again...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Higherlevelauto = ~$150

ebay = ~$75

ebay X 2 = ~$150

Am I confused or have I completely forgotten how to do math? :lmao:

I hope you don't get the idea that I'm trying to force our sponsors on you. It's up to you who you want to buy from obviously, I just don't want you to forget about the guys that help pay the bills. :D
i wasnt sure if higherlevel's price included shipping. either way, i'd rather pay half the price for the SAME product and take the chance of needing a second set.

i understand they are a sponsor here, but that doesnt mean i have to think they are the best deal.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
no you don't have to think they are the best deal but they have great customer service. Mike takes care of his customers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts