Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moto and I were just talking about Macro shots and I mentioned I was too broke for a lens.

Well I asked about it on another site I'm on and this came to the rescue.

http://www.bahneman.com/liem/photos/Reviews/58mm_Reverse_Macro_Adapter/

I don't know if they make these for Nikons or other cameras as well. I never knew these existed, I found one on eBay just now for $6.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Wow that is interesting!! Might try it for myself.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I've been looking for a lens for my cannon SLR for some time now. It's crazy how much these things cost!!

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
I hear ya but I'm also looking into a tele lens and they cost a GRIP!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
From Where??????????

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Sigma and tamron make some pretty good marco and tele lens for cheaper then the canon brand. All I can advise you is to not skimp out when buying a lens. You dont need a L series lens but at least move up into the mid grade series. The lens I use for everyday stuff is the 28-135IS and it only set me back about $450. Any of the small body stuff like the kit 18-55 lens or the 28-80 stuff is not even worth your money.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Sigma and tamron make some pretty good marco and tele lens for cheaper then the canon brand. All I can advise you is to not skimp out when buying a lens. You dont need a L series lens but at least move up into the mid grade series. The lens I use for everyday stuff is the 28-135IS and it only set me back about $450. Any of the small body stuff like the kit 18-55 lens or the 28-80 stuff is not even worth your money.
Ive been looking at Sigma, my roommate says they are decent for the price.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Yea both are pretty decent. You guys should check if there is a place that rents lens. That way you can try out a few and see which ones work for you guys. And also a tip for you guys....put a UV filter on your lens at all times so it wont get scratched.

·
Registered
893 Posts
See that is what I keep finding. Except I'm looking at the 28-200.

Yea both are pretty decent. You guys should check if there is a place that rents lens. That way you can try out a few and see which ones work for you guys. And also a tip for you guys....put a UV filter on your lens at all times so it wont get scratched.
I always use a filter of some type on mine. Lenses are just to damn expensive.

I wish like hell I could find a place to rent one around here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts