Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I had my check engine light come on yesterday. Well it's came on before and went off. But it seems to stay on all the time now. I work at Advance and I just went outside and plugged up the scanner. It said p013b something about oxygen sensor slow to response system too lean. Bank one sensor 2. Its got 160,000 miles on it. I don't think the sensor has ever been changed. Any ideas if its just a sensor needs to be changed or something else????

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Considering that the recommended replacement interval for O2 Sensors is 100,000 miles, you are a bit overdue. O2 Sensors deteriorate over time without setting a code. A deteriorated upstream (#1) can cause gas mileage issues, also without telling you.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My scanner said Bank 1 sensor 2. Does that mean there are 4 Oxygen sensors or just 2?

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Trucks with the 2.9 engine have just two O2 Sensors. rockauto.com has both OEM (ACDelco) and aftermarket brands available. Amazon also sells the the OEM. The Dealer prices are about double compared to the online prices.

Sensor #1 Part Number 12592592. Sensor #2 Part Number 12604575.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sell them at work for 60.00 plus I get my 20%. But thanks for the helpfull info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts