Caution: When adding fluid or making a complete fluid change, always use the proper power steering fluid. Failure to use the proper fluid will cause hose and seal damage and fluid leaks.
Clean the area surrounding the reservoir cap.
Remove the reservoir cap.
• The bottom of the hatched area is the Add level at 21°C (70°F).
• The top of the hatched area is the Cold level at 21°C (70°F).
Inspect the power steering pump fluid level at regular intervals, with the fluid at approximately 21°C (70°F).
• If the power steering fluid is too hot allow the fluid to cool to approximately 21°C (70°F).
• If the power steering fluid is too cold, run the engine until the fluid reaches approximately 21°C (70°F).
If the fluid level is low, add power steering fluid to the proper fluid level.
• The level should be between the ADD and FULL marks. If necessary, add only enough fluid to bring the level up to the proper range.