Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well im at Dominican Republic where the fuel is 6.25 usd (275 dominican pesos). I get the gas tanks full with 1550 dominican pesos equivalent to 35 usd and get 270 miles in highway... 13 cents the mile. With gas is 31 cents per mile so Is almost a 70% save.

i know you dont have that pronlem in the usa because the fuel is 2.50 per galon aprox (the last time i was there 2 months ago in Fl) but if there were natural gas for vehicle use you could save 70% thatssss awesome...

yes i know i have a little bed now, but let me tell you i can carry anything and use ropes and stuff and i dont care about anything becase im saving 70% for the beers hahahaha

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Yeah, you mis-read the gas-station signs if you thought it was $2.50 / gallon.
Hasn't been that low in years anywhere in the U.S., even for the cheap-o stuff.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Let not focus on the fuel cost..........BUT the conversion itself

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Let focus on the conversion and not the fuel cost guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is this a natural gas conversion? Hp ratings vs stock?
Sorry for the misunderstood of the fuel price there... but i wanted to focus in the savings whereever in the planet you are :).

About the power sincerely is not the same... i would say you loose 10% while the truck is on gas... but come one guys for daily work its great! If you want the stock power you only have yo push one button... in any moment you want

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Any ideas for smaller tanks? How many miles so you get on those two gigantic tanks?
yes they are smaller and less heavy tanks in the market, but i installed my system at first the technology came to my country, now here we have a tank with a mix of steel and fiber, which are smaller and the most important 1/2 less heavier. My tanks weight 150 pounds each, in the other hand the new ones are 70-80 pounds.

I get 260-270 miles highway for the equivalent $35 usd ($1550 dominican pesos). if it were gas that 270 miles would cost to me 83 usd (3600 dominican pesos). We have really high gas price :s!

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
For us in the states, with the gas prices what they are, the setup price doesn't offset the savings enough to make it a sound economical decision. It's like trying tk justify buying a 2nd car to save on gas prices. It doesn't work out financially to truly save gas wise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For us in the states, with the gas prices what they are, the setup price doesn't offset the savings enough to make it a sound economical decision. It's like trying tk justify buying a 2nd car to save on gas prices. It doesn't work out financially to truly save gas wise.
i dont think so, did you know that usa have natural gas? the price of the natural gas is at that price because we dont have natural gas, we have to import it (transportation is the most influent raise of the cost, google it, and youll realize the cost of the BTU of natural gas and you will impres!)

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I could be looking at it wrong, but natural gas is 2.59 per gge in San Antonio. How much is it there? How many miles per gge do you get?

With initial conversion costs approx. $1500 here in the states, it would take a long time to recoup that cost through the savings. I drive a lot and it would take a long time. If I am doing my math wrong, I am open to correction. I stick my foot in my mouth from time to time. Lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I could be looking at it wrong, but natural gas is 2.59 per gge in San Antonio. How much is it there? How many miles per gge do you get?

With initial conversion costs approx. $1500 here in the states, it would take a long time to recoup that cost through the savings. I drive a lot and it would take a long time. If I am doing my math wrong, I am open to correction. I stick my foot in my mouth from time to time. Lol
i had a return of the conversion kit in 3 months, using the truck 135 miles everyday, i was working constructing in 3 cities, i supervised the 3 ones everyday for 2 years :)

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I understand at $6 + per gallon of gas USD, the savings adds up quick. It would take me 100 tanks to at least break even. That is at an average of 18 mpg that would be reduced slightly switching to CNG. It would take approx. 30,000 miles worth of driving for me to break even approx. For me that is 1 year. For others, that could be much more than a year. Then you have to figure the age of the vehicle and any maintenance or repairs down the road that may be needed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts