Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
After reading several reviews pitting the Bison against Toyota and Jeep I wish I was thirty years younger so I too could spend weekends crawling over granite boulders, dirt trails and crusin’ the boulevards. Sounds like an awesome truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I try to see the positive side of each review no matter what brand is being tested, the reviews I saw had some rugged terrain and each vehicle got the same opportunity to perform arduous tasks. I have taken my own Jeep on the Rubicon run and enjoyed the challenges it presented I tend to compare my experiences with those in the videos. The Bison May have performed admirably but so did the Toyota and Jeep pick up, in today’s market I believe there are tough choices if a person is seeking the most rugged off road vehicle that will still give everything expected in a highway automobile. Also as an afterthought, the testing entities are using borrowed vehicles and may be treating them less aggressively than perhaps their own machine. Give back crumpled fenders and parts and further loans might be in jeopardy.

·
Internet Troll
1,253 Posts
Wow a $5800 option package that appears to be mostly a looks package on an other $45,000 truck. The only thing I saw on there was possibly a decent thing was the steel skid plates that I think could be bought for less.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is so nice to read comments that add to the current topic in a constructive way, too bad unfettered that you do not have any.

·
Internet Troll
1,253 Posts
Sorry you feel that all topics MUST present a positive side.
I don't see how pointing out the fact that the Bison Add-on to the ZR2 is a $5750 (nearly $5800) isn't constructive.

Here's what Chevy says is the upfit to the standard ZR2:

$5,750

•CHEVROLET lettered grille
•AEV front bumper with winch provisions, and rear bumper with recovery points
•AEV Hot-stamped Boron Steel skid plates for front differential, engine oil pan, transfer case, fuel tank and rear differential
•AEV-designed fender flares
•AEV-designed 17" wheels (also applies to spare)
•Fog lamps
•Contoured front and rear floor liners with AEV logo
•May require additional optional equipment

To me that's just adding someone else's name on an already capable truck. I don't understand the hype for shiny over function.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Wow a $5800 option package that appears to be mostly a looks package on an other $45,000 truck. The only thing I saw on there was possibly a decent thing was the steel skid plates that I think could be bought for less.
I agree. That's a steep price to pay for some skids and a bunch of badging.

It doesn't matter though. If you have enough money to buy and push a Bison to its full capability you probably have money to burn.

The midsize truck market has absolutely gone out of this world as far as pricing is concerned.

My heap can go anywhere a Bison can go and still have enough money left over for ALOT of things.

The Bison package will be coveted years from now but doubt many will see a lot of offroad use. It will probably just be Instagram bragging rights for millennial "Overlanders".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts