Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Chevrolet Colorado’s powertrain options will expand in 2016 with an all-new diesel engine that will offer exceptional levels of torque and efficiency for the segment – greatly expanding the capabilities of Chevy’s all-new midsize truck.

2.8L Duramax | Chevrolet Colorado Diesel

Attachments

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
This may be the smartest marketing move GM has made since the first year for the (original) Colorado.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Wonder how good it'd do pushing 40"s?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

·
Dont let the Nation die
2005 GMC Canyon z71 SLE 4x4 3.5L
15,947 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Apparently some folks wanna pull houses or even house boats with their small ass midesized truck. I personally think if the job is that serious then save it for them log bed full sized folks. Ya it'll be cool to have the TQ, hear the wissle under the hood and to the daring few be able to black out a street w/ straight pipe but I don't see a purpous in us trying to be like full-size. There's a reason we chose these trucks.

·
Dont let the Nation die
2005 GMC Canyon z71 SLE 4x4 3.5L
15,947 Posts
I dont need to tow a damn house. but to be able to handle a car on a trailer with more ease then a 3.5L i5, that would be nice. I take enough of a hit on mpg with jus a bed full of lugage and my bike on the trailer.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
For the record, I have no desire for a Diesel.
Then again, I really do like the I-5.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I will likely end up trading my 05 in for one of the diesel models, depending on the MPG rating. If they are able to clear 30MPG highway, It will be worth it. At that point, the added fuel efficiency over my I5 will make up for the more expensive fuel and I'll have the additional towing capability. Worth it in my book.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
30mpg would also be better then what the V6 gets too.

With current gas/diesel prices......I think they offset each other alright

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Who wants to deal with DEF tho lmao

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I still don't get why everyone wants a diesel so bad? :shrug:

@nameless @Djsonic @GregDAP @lnhiv @DocRockLBC @royrjs @ced_56 @wh1pple @fitsector @kerad11 @ivan29
if you were in to diesels you would understand but I'll help u
cost it's cheaper to hop up a diesel over gas
and having a mid size sleeper is fun really hope a lot of the full size parts get used in this adding a dp5 switch and having 5 tunes from stock to kill is great
oh and still getting mpgs and better

1 - 20 of 44 Posts