Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Man it looks off without the Z71 trim, also click between the z71 and normal trim and watch the headlights. They go from projectors to standard halogens in the same housing. I only like 2 or 3 of the colors as well, some of those are hideous.

The lack of drivetrain info kind of makes me angry. I'd like to know what transfer case and if it's the 6LxxE trans or something new they are using and if they are going to burden it with that horrible automatic 4x4 system they have used on some suv's. The tow button to change shift points was nice to read because that would have helped a lot with the 4 speeds if they had done something similar on our trucks, but we were left to get it tuned to fix this.

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
The tow button to change shift points was nice to read because that would have helped a lot with the 4 speeds if they had done something similar on our trucks, but we were left to get it tuned to fix this.
Slightly off topic but a member posted that there was a second table for shift points in the ECM/TCM. I plan on looking into this further this summer.

But I agree, it would be nice to have some more details about the drivetrain.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Slightly off topic but a member posted that there was a second table for shift points in the ECM/TCM. I plan on looking into this further this summer.

But I agree, it would be nice to have some more details about the drivetrain.
This is what we have up until 2007 for the available tables, it didn't work the way it should have though. Just some very minor changes to these tables makes the truck feel completely different.

Attachments

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
It would be nice if they rolled down like the full size trucks but I'm sure they didn't do that either. Fuckin GM!

·
Registered
220 Posts
So... Who on here's going to be the first to buy it?
If you were referring to a Canyon with the diesel, I'd say me. Given that the diesel is a full year away, who knows if I'll even buy one of these trucks. Priorities change over time, and cash flow is ever changing. If I stay at my current job for the foreseeable future, I may just keep my current vehicles and get something nice for the wife to tool around in.

·
Registered
634 Posts
It would be nice if they rolled down like the full size trucks but I'm sure they didn't do that either. Fuckin GM!
I'm not even suggesting rolling down but popping out. The old school way with the prop. Just to get max airflow in the cab. May have to be a possible mod lol. On my current truck that is to test out the idea haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
248 Posts
Same old website since I mentioned the addition of the Laser Blue and Rally Yellow back a few months ago.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Same old website since I mentioned the addition of the Laser Blue and Rally Yellow back a few months ago.
Yeah, I don't see what they've changed. But I wish someone would get a hold of one soon and post a test drive and review.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I'm planning on buying one eventually. Probably not as soon as it is released.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
The black looks sexy I dig the white too. The real thing looks much better than the concepts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts