Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I lowered my truck a few months ago (3/4), I trimmed the passenger side spring. It fixed the lean a little but I didn't cut enough to make it level. I really do not want to take that spring off a again because it was a headach. I was wondering if I put a 1.5'' drop block on the passenger rear and a 1 inch on the driver side rear, will that level it out?

Or should I not be lazy and do it the right way, lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I will, lol.

I have 3'' LCA's in the front right now and 1 inch blocks. I am about to order 2 inch blocks. What kind do you guys recommend? Will I need a pinion angel?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I threw 3" LCAs on my truck w/ 3 of the BellTech spacers. Leveled me out side to side, but the rear was lower with the 4" blocks. No coil cutting (kind of a pet peeve of mine). For now, I just keep some pressure in my Monroe air shocks so the rear sits level. This winter I'll probably snag some 3" blocks. (PS: ZQ8 suspension)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was going to get the spacers also, I would just hate to have to lift one side. Would much rather lower a side.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I was going to get the spacers also, I would just hate to have to lift one side. Would much rather lower a side.
Trust me, a part of me died the day I installed the spacers...

But IMO that was a better route than cutting the coils. Different strokes...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I am going to drop the back first. Should I spend the extra money on JTR blocks or will the cheap ones at O'reillys or Autozone work? Since I have belltech 3'' leafs in the rear... will I need shims?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts