Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The S-10 driver (black truck) walked-away w/assistance but the F-150 (white truck) driver is in serious condition. The little guy won this one.

Hollywood: Multi-vehicle crash snarls Sheridan Street just east of S.R. 7 - Sun Sentinel

Crashes on Sheridan Street involving three trucks sent two drivers to a hospital, a Hollywood police official said. The crash happened about 9:35 a.m. in front of Sedano's Plaza, on the south side of Sheridan Street and east of State Road 7.

"We had a report of a vehicle that was driving erratically on Sheridan Street in the westbound lanes," said Hollywood Police Lt. Derik Alexander. "Apparently that vehicle, which is a white [Ford F-150] pickup truck, crossed the median."

The Ford hit the left rear end of a tractor trailer that was leaving the plaza, then traveled west in the eastbound lanes, Alexander said.

"After making contact with the 18-wheeler, we believe there was a head-on collision with a black [Chevrolet S-10] pickup truck traveling east on the inside lane," he said.
http://www.trbimg.com/img-546380c7/turbine/fl-sheridan-mutli-vehicle-crash-20141112-002/350/350x197

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5463f8e0/turbine/fl-sheridan-multiple-crash12b-jpg-20141112/500/500x281

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Looks like the S-10 took majority of the blow on the passengers side. Had it been on the drivers side, I cant imagine a good outcome. Both of them are incredibly lucky!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
From the pics and the text I think the F150 took more than one impact, that may be the cause of the wort condition of the driver. The S-10 took only into the F150.

Driver on the S10 is alive by miracle. the cab is mostly crushed!.

Sorry but after hitting a semi, and then a head on Collision with another pickup truck I have to give some credit to the F150.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the pics and the text I think the F150 took more than one impact, that may be the cause of the wort condition of the driver. The S-10 took only into the F150.

Driver on the S10 is alive by miracle. the cab is mostly crushed!.

Sorry but after hitting a semi, and then a head on Collision with another pickup truck I have to give some credit to the F150.
Neither the S-10 nor the F-150 hit the semi. The F-150 was headed towards the semi head-on but managed to avoid hitting it but collected the front of the S-10 instead. Since the S-10's airbags deployed but the F-150's did not, the S-10 driver came-out of this one ambulatory while the F-150 was a trauma code to the receiving Level 1 trauma center. Against all odds, last I heard he was still hanging in-there.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
I hope they revoke the license of the F150 driver for life

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
The first post says that it hit the left rear of the semi?...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at the pics, there isn't really a good left-rear pic of the tractor-trailer that shows any damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts