Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
The Chevy Legends program isn't about that. At the time I registered, I was on my 4th chevy truck and only one was bought new and none were financed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
In looking at the "rules" I didn't realize it was an either/or on the rules. Thought you had to have a truck with over 100,000 miles AND have purchased or leased a new truck. Anyway, I did register and I got my "congratulations", so I guess I'm in. However, you were asked how many NEW Chevrolet trucks you had purchased in your lifetime, and "0" was not an option, so I had to enter "1". So, at some point they may figure me out and come take all my goodies back!
Thanks for letting me know. I've owned 3 Chevy trucks and put over 300,000 miles on the first 2 and currently have 212,000 on my Colorado. First 2 had the 5.7 and it was still running on both of them at over 300,000 miles. I fully intend to get past 300,000 on this 3.5 also. Still running strong!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice glad you got registered. I’ve never bought a brand new truck. Newest I’ve owned is my 06 canyon. It’s only got 94k on it. Had 86k when I bought it last spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I feel like such VIP being associated with such an impressive group of individuals as you guys! Guess we're all "Living Legends"!

·
Internet Troll
1,253 Posts
I've only bought 2 new trucks (the Colorado and my '79 C10) in my life. Other than for 2nd cars, all my primary vehicles were purchased new until I tripped across a good deal on the '06 Malibu Maxx we just traded off (it went to the slvage yard but I digress). The Colorado was a cash for clunkers deal in '09. We recently purchased a '16 Equinox LTZ for 53% of MSRP (it was in the paperwork) only 30,000 miles. For us it is a great vehicle to replace the Malibu. So I won't be buying a new vehicle any longer.

And I did get the cards as well. Nice set as I didn't have any cards in the house over the holidays.....

·
Lifetime Member
746 Posts
Fed x just brought me an awsome coffee mug and coasters from the Chevy Legend people.
I like this program a lot . . .

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Yep me too! Merry Christmas! I'm always getting invited to cool events but have yet been able to attend one. Definitely a cool program from Chevy

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
JVal - I've never purchased a new truck, but I registered and was accepted because my Colorado has over 100,000 miles on it. I think you just have to own a Chevy truck that currently has over 100,000 miles. This is my third Chevy truck. The first was a '69 C-10 that I sold with 233,000. The second was an '89 Silverado that my son totaled with 312,000 miles on it and my '04 Colorado has 225,000. The club is great. Every now an then, I find a surprise package on my front porch. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Just got my coffee mug and coasters today. It's great to have a surprise at the front door now and then. I can't wait to show it off to my youngest son when I go to his house next weekend to help him replace the timing chain of his F-150! Again! He'll learn one day! If this is his way of rebelling against my authority, I guess I can handle that! He learned to drive in my '87 Sliverado, but bought a Ranger an now an F-150. The F-150 has been a disaster, maybe I can bring him around when he gets tired of working on that dog. I've thrown a chain around the bumper of that Ford more than a few times and pulled it back to his house so he could tear into it and get it going again. I love towing a full-sized ford behind my little truck!!

81 - 92 of 92 Posts