Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

What is your prefetence?

• Chrome all the way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Painted to match as much as possible.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • just small amounts of chrome and paint the rest.

Votes: 4 44.4%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems like everyone is staying as far away from chrome as possible these days and going for the full painted to match look. why is this? i still like chrome, both look good imo but whats yours?

P

·
0 Posts
I like chrome on my Z71 for the lifted, rough look. For my Xtreme next year i want the all color matched look for the slick racing sporty look. All depends what you are trying to achieve in my opinion. :355:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
around here the enthusiasts try to stay away from chrome as much as possible unless you are accenting (thus my grille, wheels) only thing with chrome.

The reason is because... (and no offense to anyone on here) ... around here.. the mexicans put as much chrome as humanly possible... windshield wipers, like covers, antennas, door guards, windshield washers, truckbeds, etc....

I like the painted look because it is a subtle... sleek look

P

·
0 Posts
around here the enthusiasts try to stay away from chrome as much as possible unless you are accenting (thus my grille, wheels) only thing with chrome.

The reason is because... (and no offense to anyone on here) ... around here.. the mexicans put as much chrome as humanly possible... windshield wipers, like covers, antennas, door guards, windshield washers, truckbeds, etc....

I like the painted look because it is a subtle... sleek look
I like the accent look you have going on, Grill sorround, wheels. :355:
I agree, grill and gas cap along with the bumpers is my limit. All those cheap vato zone accesories are wack!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeh def. i started the thread mainly cuz im questioning if i have too much chrome on my front end:

once i get the bumper painted to match and and some new fogs im wondering if it'll be too much. i guess its just preference but feedback always persuades me.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
it depends on the vehicle, and how its done. chrome in the wrong places looks horrible (the new Silverados, some of them come with a chrome-strip on the front bumper, looks unbeleivably tacky)

C

·
0 Posts
im going for as much black and yellow as possible with a little bit of chrome to set it off (i.e., wheel lip, xtreme trim on the from, headlights and soon to be taillights)

·
Registered
3 Posts
IMO, less chrome the better. the grill and such is fine, but handles, pillars, etc is just too much. i'll admit, some trucks look great chromed out, but they're few and far between..

·
Registered
471 Posts
I myself just don't enjoy having all the "bling" on my ride. Prefer a nice clean look. If anything, I go for a polished accent. But it is your truck and you should do whatever YOU like on your truck.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I agreee i wouldnt do to much chrome link handles and gas tank covers n such abit tacky....is there a way to switch the chrome front to a painted one?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeh paint it hahaha or buy a new one thats painted

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
fuck chrome. it looks good on white trucks but other then rims and a few other things it looks like shit. Chrome handles and mirrors and everything else is just too much

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
well, i think a truck that is one solid color, including the wheels, is extremely tacky. i like a bit of chrome and it shows in my truck. i build my vehicles how i see fit. my S-10 was going to be Tangelo Pearl with white powdercoated 5 spoke wheels, but that shit got totaled. now i have all the time in the world to plan how i am going to make my Colorado look.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts