Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awhile back i posted about how i fried one of my aux power ports. Well i finally tested them out today and all the wiring in fine, only the port is bad. So i have 2 questions. Does anyone know what the part number is for these so i can go get raped by the dealer? 2. Can one of the GM techs on here post direction for replacing these? I cannot figure out out the fucker comes out and dont want to break anything. Thanks!

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay so I found a delaership that actually had an open parts depot. Woot. So our aux power plug is part number 12450044 . Im not sure if this is the one for the cigarette lighter option as this new one has three power plugs and the old one only had 2. Either way it works for aux power. Its kinda a bitch to replace...you need to use some good old frustration to get the plug out, un;ess of course you want to remove the whole dash. There are 2 clips on the back side that hold it in. They are extremely hard to get out. Other than...thought id share my adventure so if anyone else develops what Ive learned to be an issue with chevys (Ground Dissapears in recepticle..at least according to the parts guy) this car point ya in the right direction.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone ever mod the cigarette lighter housing to hold a USB port connected to your radio? Considering just modding one but if you know where I could buy the housing mod separate Id be interested!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts