Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I recently picked up some of this stuff...I actually really liked it!

I figured I would start a thread to see how everyone else takes care of their chrome wheels.

The only thing I dont like is after spraying them the wheels get water spots on them..is there any remedy for this?

Post up what you guys do to take care of them wheels! :high5:

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I clean mine with chrome rim cleaner that i picked up at a local tire shop...was stronger then anything i found in the store. Then once in a while ill hit them up with a chrome polish that will get rid of the water spots and stuff.

·
Registered
760 Posts
i just wash them with soap and water and then let water spots dry on and then take turtle chrome polish and do them up.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
i just wash them with soap and water and then let water spots dry on and then take turtle chrome polish and do them up.
ive tryed the turtle chrome polish and dident really like it. it works great on my friends truck with the realistic flames but sucks on mine. i use the Mcguires chrome polish

·
Registered
154 Posts
I use a Chrome Cleaner. Then Dry them all the way...Then the Use Mothers Can Wax and they last along time. I usually Detail the whole truck once a Week.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
DOOO IT!!! it smells good too lol
haha yea i notice when i was waxing my truck i started getting hungry for some reason lmao. The smartgel kicks but if you put it on your seals and the plastic on the bumper. Makes it look new! Just waiting for the weather to be good so i can detail the truck for the first time this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use a natural degreaser thats based of lemon soda. (dont know if the words are wrong in english but this is what we call it in sweden...)

People say i should not use most type of chrome buff's since they often contain grinding addatives, wich is good if you feel like grinding it. But not so good if you just feel like cleaning the wheels ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts