Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm having a heck of a time cleaning the lower bumper on my truck. Not the top painted portion but the Color Matched molded plastic portion. Soap and water isnt cutting it. Anyone else have this problem?

My truck is white so it looks bad. is there anything i can use on it to clean it that wont fuck it up. :ugh:

Thanks
Jay

X

·
0 Posts
409... rinse the truck like ur gonna wash it. spray on the 409 and wash the front last.

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thanks i'll give it a try tommrow the skies just opened up here and the truck is staying dry in the garage the rest of the night.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
I have trouble with keeping mine white too, I will have to try soft scrub...

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Phew...makes me glad I got red...white plastic is a beeyotch to keep "white", especially in the front where it catches so much road grime!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Phew...makes me glad I got red...white plastic is a beeyotch to keep "white", especially in the front where it catches so much road grime!
dont kno about the red being so easy. mine is so bad and ive been tryin to clean it. ill have to try the 409.

X

·
0 Posts
it works good for me.. doesnt mess up the paint and you know how hard black is to keep clean

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked up a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it worked pretty damn good to clean the plastic up its nice and white again. then i sprayed it down with scrub n' bubbles and let it sit for about 5 minutes and hosed it off good as new again.

There are only a few spots that look like oil that got absorbed into the plastic. those will probally never come out :mav:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
try mothers clay - then there sealer ....
oldman

·
Registered
845 Posts
Dude fall-out and road debris is horrible here in Miami. I have my truck treated for fall-out then fully detailed at least one or twice a month. If I dont my trucks exterior would look like shit by now. Im not sure whats good or not good b/c I never do it myself:shrug:, but try more than one thing and see what works best for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts