Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck started ticking today, it only happens when I put it in 4wd, It sounds like it might be coming from my diff or something, i have no idea what it might be. I looked at other threads but couldn't find any specific info on what it actually was. Does anybody have any idea of what it is?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My truck started ticking today, it only happens when I put it in 4wd, It sounds like it might be coming from my diff or something, i have no idea what it might be. I looked at other threads but couldn't find any specific info on what it actually was. Does anybody have any idea of what it is?

Grab the front CV axles and wiggle. Any play? Inspect the boots.

Grab the front driveshaft and wiggle. Any play? Inspect the rubber seal at the CV joint on the transfer case end.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do the cv axles do, and is it safe to just wait until next week when my next paycheck comes in to fix it, or will i die if i leave it like that?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
CV's are the joints in the front axle (instead of universal joints).

What is your question about death? There has not been a solution offered yet to fix the 'ticking'.

Without knowing what the problem is, it's difficult to say what to fix.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey john3.5,

I’m sorry to hear of this concern with your truck. Feel free to reach out to GM of Canada if any extra assistance is needed. Their number is at 800-263-3777. They may be able to further assist you and can be reached Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM until 11:30 PM and Saturday from 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CV's are the joints in the front axle (instead of universal joints).

What is your question about death? There has not been a solution offered yet to fix the 'ticking'.

Without knowing what the problem is, it's difficult to say what to fix.
Haha, it was just a joke to ask whether my truck would break down or not

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
What do the cv axles do, and is it safe to just wait until next week when my next paycheck comes in to fix it, or will i die if i leave it like that?

The CV axles deliver torque to the front wheels. Even when they fail, you can usually drive around just fine in 2WD.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
^^^^ yep... :can: Still want to get it checked...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts