Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently removed the climate control unit on my 2005 Colorado to fix a chipped A/C button. I tested the unit before install and realized some of the lights are burnt out. Light bulbs DS3 and DS8 (far left and right) are both not working. I’d obviously not like to buy a whole new unit, so what bulb type are they, and is the replacement lights relatively easy to install?
810ED506-8F76-4DFC-9108-44101F0B2910_1526435174361.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, I’ve looked through the thread 3 times and couldn’t find the dash light bulb number... They mention literally every other bulb though. Am I just missing it?

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
I just read through that thread, and @Roadkill, you are correct. Somewhere at home, I have a book that has the GE listing for all the bulbs in our trucks. Going to see if if I can find it.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not sure about the T3 bulbs, could be for a different location. Below is what the bulb looks like up close, it’s about 4mm in Diameter. Thanks all your help so far.
2079A2D2-D2D8-451C-91D8-A03454AEB14E_1526617517246.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I did a lot of testing and research but I found out the bulb type. The HVAC control lights are a 6v 4mm light bulb, the 4x4 selector is 12v 3mm. You can get these at audioxpress.org. The bulbs can also be purchased by their number: 8111 is the 4x4 selector bulb number. Hope this helps save some time!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
This might be too late. I would take a VOM meter and check that your bulbs are in fact burned out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This might be too late. I would take a VOM meter and check that your bulbs are in fact burned out.
I got the new bulbs in a while back, and yes the old ones tested bad. Finding the same bulb type was a pain however. Get to do the same replacement to my Duramax (yay), but thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Can you send part numbers and where you got them from? I'm tired of fumbling around in the dark to get my heater working correctly.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Never mind. Great website for replacement bulbs! Thanks for the link. I was going to audioxpress.NET, which is a magazine!
Thanks again for the link to the site. I've got lots of bulbs to replace!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread but I also had such problems and I hardly solved them.
By the way, I realized that I better not change anything in the air conditioner and leave everything as it was. After a while, it also broke down and I had to find a good company that would take care of its repair. Reading in several forums I came across Aircon Servicing, Cleaning & Repairing Singapore | SoCool Pte Ltd and they helped me so that since then I have no problem with my conditioner and this fact makes me very happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts