Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. 2009 Canyon with 185K. Had this for awhile now, came out of nowhere. My tie rod ends, ball joints are tight. If I adjust the steering wheel angle in the truck I can get the clunk to increase or decrease. I suspect an intermittent shaft issue, maybe steering shaft bearing. The clunk can be felt in the brake pedal slightly sometimes.

Anyone have this issue or any advice?

·
Registered
Silver 2005 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4
6 Posts
I've had this issue as well for a few years now. I replaced the intermediate steering shaft and regreased the front caliper slide pins about 10K ago to no avail. I'm thinking the shaft bearing is the culprit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had this issue as well for a few years now. I replaced the intermediate steering shaft and regreased the front caliper slide pins about 10K ago to no avail. I'm thinking the shaft bearing is the culprit.
I have the same thought. Been trying to find info on how to replace it or re-grease it. Have you found any info on that?

·
Registered
Silver 2005 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4
6 Posts
I have the same thought. Been trying to find info on how to replace it or re-grease it. Have you found any info on that?
Not yet! Just picked up a stethoscope today so I'll be taking a look and listening with intent sometime here in the next few weeks. I'll def let ya know what I find and if I forget to reach back out, call me out on it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not yet! Just picked up a stethoscope today so I'll be taking a look and listening with intent sometime here in the next few weeks. I'll def let ya know what I find and if I forget to reach back out, call me out on it!
ill reach out for sure. I know there have to be plenty of us with this issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts