Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2005 Colorado i have this problem where when i start the truck for the first time at night the cluster light works, but if i run into the store and shut the truck off, when i come back the cluster light does not work anymore. all other lights in the truck work great. i was wondering if it was just the cluster itself but i am worried its something that has to do with wiring.
Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my 2005 Colorado i have this problem where when i start the truck for the first time at night the cluster light works, but if i run into the store and shut the truck off, when i come back the cluster light does not work anymore. all other lights in the truck work great. i was wondering if it was just the cluster itself but i am worried its something that has to do with wiring.
Thanks!
If you want to try a replacement cluster, I have 2 of them, one is from a 2007 and the other is from a 2005. I would sell either one cheap and you could use it to test if the problem is in the cluster....

·
Registered
2 Posts
The problem is likely the dimmer switch next to the headlight switch. They can be cleaned easily.
This thread will show you how to take it apart:
you'll want to clean the wipers, bend the tabs to make sure theyre making good contact, and reapply a small amount of dielectric grease.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts