Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently lifted my I4 to accommodate 33"s, truck has 100k on the original clutch, and it is an absolute dog. The 3.73s don't help either, but just curious how many people have swapped the clutch? I pretty sure that's the only thing out of all the vehicles I've owned that I've never had to replace, so I'm sure there's gonna be headaches along the way, any advice would be greatly appreciated, or recommendations on which clutch... Thanks!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your reason for a new clutch.
Do you want a new clutch to increase performance, or a new clutch to replace yous that is worn out?

You didn't actually indicate that your clutch is worn out.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah my mistake lol I suppose it would be to increase performance, definitely looking for something that will grab a little harder, and something that would work well under heavy payload/towing conditions

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,553 Posts
Will you be doing this clutch replacement ur self. I have done this twice its not that bad but it will take a day too do. good luck any ? just ask

·
Factory Fresh
1,897 Posts
For me it was harder to bleed the slave cylinder then it was to pull the trans. There is more then enough to get to all the bolts and the trans doesnt weigh alot either. I would recommend getting the disconnect tool for the slave line its maybe 10 bucks and i bought it from napa.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,553 Posts
In th OP it does not mention if you have 4x4, then u have the transfer case to deal with

but still not much of a issue

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not looking for more power by any means, just don't feel like slipping any more. I do have access to a lift if that'll make things either, and no, it's not 4x4 unfortunately. I plan to sell in July, just don't want "needs a clutch" on the flyer

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
you dont need a tool for the slave line theres a clip factory installed you just push it and it comes loose.. also the hardest part of the entire swap will be to get the little pilot bearing to come out of its little home and to align the input shaft into the little a hole of the pilot bearing i hope you have a trans jack cause using two floor jacks alone is not very fun!... thats the hardest part along with what others have said about bleeding the master cylinder/slave it takes some time.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
What are the benefits of this? just wondering for future reference.
The h3 clutch is slightly larger than the stock 3.5 clutch... 11" vs 10.5" which provides more clamping surface I guess.

·
Registered
78 Posts
get rid of the oversized, overweight, + power eating tires + wheels or bite the bullet + regear. it wont help MPG though, it is what is!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts