Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey so Im new to this site and to owning a Colorado so i need a little help with my truck... so i have a 2004 Chevy Colorado LS 2wd and i don't want to spend alot of money on a lift because Im also focusing on buys some new tires also and im kinda broke haha.

so it doesn't have torsion bars so i cant use the keys but i saw you can use spacers...
so what are you guys opinion of what brand to use?? and how big of a spacers could i go like 2.5??
I also saw a thread that said i could use one for a 96-04 Tacoma is that true or im i just totally wrong ahah.

any input is appreciated thanks!!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
There are cheap 1 or 2 inch spacers on ebay.
Or suspension Maxx makes a kit for 2 to 2.5 inch

Readylift makes a 2.25 inch spacer kit

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
I had the smaxx kit on my truck and they were fairly single to install with hand tools and a grinder to cut the bumpstop out the way.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I just got a set of the suspension maxx strut spacers. They claim to be a 2.5" lift with all spacers but it is barely 1.5". What's up with that?

·
Registered
257 Posts
hey so Im new to this site and to owning a Colorado so i need a little help with my truck... so i have a 2004 Chevy Colorado LS 2wd and i don't want to spend alot of money on a lift because Im also focusing on buys some new tires also and im kinda broke haha.

so it doesn't have torsion bars so i cant use the keys but i saw you can use spacers...

so what are you guys opinion of what brand to use?? and how big of a spacers could i go like 2.5??

I also saw a thread that said i could use one for a 96-04 Tacoma is that true or im i just totally wrong ahah.

any input is appreciated thanks!!!!

I'm gonna have my suspension max spacers for sale hopefully after i get these coilovers installed tmw

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Just cause they are less than 2" thick does not mean you don't get two inches. It also changes angles on the struts and arms and that with the thickness give you the 2-2.5" of lift. It's just like how a shackle that is 2" longer does not equal 2" of lift. You have to factor in the fact that these things sit at a angle and are not perfectly vertical. You have to think about it in more than one dimension

And yes go SMaxx. They are easy to install and lots of us use them so you know you can trust the quality of them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just cause they are less than 2" thick does not mean you don't get two inches. It also changes angles on the struts and arms and that with the thickness give you the 2-2.5" of lift. It's just like how a shackle that is 2" longer does not equal 2" of lift. You have to factor in the fact that these things sit at a angle and are not perfectly vertical. You have to think about it in more than one dimension

And yes go SMaxx. They are easy to install and lots of us use them so you know you can trust the quality of them.

Yeah that lol

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Ok. I figured that the angle and ball joint relocation would give me the rest of the lift. Thanks. So will 2" shackles give me less or more than 2" of lift?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
2" lift shackle will give you two inches but they are actually more than 2" longer if you measure with a tape measure.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Ok. I figured that the angle and ball joint relocation would give me the rest of the lift. Thanks. So will 2" shackles give me less or more than 2" of lift?
Unless there is something special about a 2wd, ball joint modifications won't lift your truck....have you heard otherwise (for fact?). It's not something I am familiar with. I know it does not lift the 4x4 trucks, which use essentially the same ball joint mount design-I think.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Unless there is something special about a 2wd, ball joint modifications won't lift your truck....have you heard otherwise (for fact?). It's not something I am familiar with. I know it does not lift the 4x4 trucks, which use essentially the same ball joint mount design-I think.

Probably confusing the balljoint flip, which iirc, is meant to relieve the binding on the balljoints not increase lift

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
No he's talking about the small spacer that comes with the smaxx kit to help relieve some of the angle on the upper BJ. I have them on my truck as well

1 - 20 of 22 Posts