Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my front tires rub like a mofo when im turning into driveways n stuff, between turning the wheels and the suspension compressing it actually hits the body. so im debating on a few things. i really want to do a body lift. but seeing as im getting ready to spend probably $600 on a tune thats not an option right now unless i say to hell with the tune. or i can get rims with a different offset that will keep from rubbing and sell the ones i got(not really sure what i can get for them) and hopefully i can afford some decent ones. i also heard about some coil spacers or something that i can put up front, maybe stiffen the suspension or something just to keep from hitting the body temporarily. Is that an option? What do you guys recommend?

J

·
0 Posts
600 dollars on a tune??? what you tuning your truck to be like a damn jet??? lol.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doug who used to work for GM supposedly is charging me 500 plus the cost to rent a dyno seeing as he doesnt have one anymore since he left LAPD, supposedly he is like the best there is. He did hannibals truck and said it turned out great

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
does it look like 1 more inch will give you the room you need? jack up the front an inch and see if you clear, then if you do look into spacers, if not I'd probably look into different wheels or body lift.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
You can do a 1" BL for around $60. I've got a HowTo either here or Cfans.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, im thinking about the 1inch, how hard was it to do that? im mechanically challenged and the only way i can do that stuff is to take it to an automotive shop thats on base supposedly where i can pay like 20$ and use all the equipment for the day

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Wyatt did his 1" BL. If he can do it, anyone can do it. :lmao:

Sorry Wyatt. :D
haha poor wyatt...1 inch should do the trick. the actuall mod id a little tricky so ive heard. if u get new rimms what are u looking at??:doku2:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wyatt is probably more mechanically inclined than i am, lol, i didnt even notice that his is any higher than mine at the last meet, but i remembered him saying he was doing it.... im not sure on the rims, something that i could get fairly cheap, dont want to spend much more than i could sell these for....not sure how much the allied rims are that SC has on his truck, i really like those

·
Registered
836 Posts
Wyatt did his 1" BL. If he can do it, anyone can do it. :lmao:

Sorry Wyatt. :D
®udy your such a bitch haha, jk. nah it was pretty damn easy man just make sure you got everything done first. Ive done tons of things to my truck, just always try to make sure its done right the first time is why i always hesitate.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i put the 1" coil spacer on my truck it was a bitch! i would say the 1" b/l would be easyer, and if that dosent fix it go with the coil spacer as well! or have a shop put the spacer in for you. it would only take a shop about 1.5 - 2 hours of labor to do it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
you recommend getting re aligned? some say you don't have to unless its over 2 inches.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
even for a body lift? Ron said that when i go home beginning of April he would help me do it. so i will probably do that.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
you recommend getting re aligned? some say you don't have to unless its over 2 inches.
any time you pull out the shock assembly, it would be best to get it aligned. Shouldn't have to with a body lift though. I can't think of any reason anyways.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok thats what i was thinking, where would i get the best deal on the lift? so far i have checked stylin trucks, performance lifts, summit racing and they were all around 350, im thinking at stylin trucks i can get the best deal if i get a free shipping coupon or 10% off or something than the other places. any other suggestions. i want to get it ordered so i can have it when i go home in april

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the only one that came up was being sold by summit racing for the same price as their regular website

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not a bad price, only problem now is that my leave might get denied so i might not be able to go home to install it...wont know till monday

1 - 20 of 21 Posts