Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a used 3.5L with a K&N come in on trade. I wanna rob it and put it on my 3.7L but there's some sort of pump connected to it. The 3.5L doesn't have that. Will it work, and what to do with the hose from the airbox to the pump? Oh and I can't have a check engine light

Thanks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You can make it work a few different ways. You will need a maf adapter, a filter for the air pump hose , and then a good street tune to get it running smooth. That takes care of the 3.7. Do you have the stock intake for the 3.5?

·
Registered
94 Posts
You can make it work a few different ways. You will need a maf adapter, a filter for the air pump hose , and then a good street tune to get it running smooth. That takes care of the 3.7. Do you have the stock intake for the 3.5?
Can you elaborate on the maf adapter? I actually had this exact thing (3.5 kn on a 3.7)happen on my truck and it ended up with all sorts of issues but I did not have a maf adapter or tune. I was holding off on the tune until I got all my parts in but thought I could run it without, I was wrong.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
I did some quick research, I think the 07+ have pumps on there, I don't think it'll work
It's 08 and up, my 07 3.7 didn't have it when I did the swap. I was able to run my K&N on it with no problems. I've since switched to the Volant intake.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
For the maf adapter checkout sinsity kustumz also maybe lime swap. Both members on here. That setup works really nice when done right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts