Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Colorado/Canyon Footwell LED Kit! Multicolor & Single color kits! Control w/Phone!

Looking to add a fresh look to your truck's interior? Footwell LEDs are the way to do it! By adding bright LED strips under your dash, you can add a lot to the look of your vehicle.

Diode Dynamics has been producing and designing easy-to-install LED kits for nearly a decade, and this kit is no exception. After months of planning, we have designed new LED strips to be used in this kit, which are highly flexible, waterproof, and long-lasting. This kit also uses our brand new RGB Multicolor products, which are controlled by the included remote! You can change the color to fit your mood, match your factory paint, or adjust the brightness to your preferred settings.

Included in the kit:
  • 2 (two) 30-5050 SMD Strips (flexible and IP67 waterproof)
  • Wiring harness for easy installation
  • 2 (two) quick-splices for installation
  • LED Toggle switch in your choice of LED color
  • RGB Controller Box with IR sensor and 4 outputs
  • Remote Control (choose Standard or upgrade to RF or WiFi)
  • 4 (four) zip-ties and 3M outdoor adhesive pads for mounting strips
  • Three-year Diode Dynamics worry-free limited warranty
  • 30-day satisfaction guarantee
Also included with rear footwell option:

• 2 (two) additional 30-5050 SMD Strips (flexible and waterproof)
  • 2 (two) 3-meter (ten-foot) extension wires
  • Additional zip-ties and adhesive pads

Any questions email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Site Sponsor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: FS: Footwell LED Kit! RGB Multicolor and Single color options! Everything include

Could these be wired to the interior light dial,instead of a toggle switch.
You can wire them to be come on and off with your factory lighting, but it will make the installation more involved.

Splicing into a constant 12 volt source and installing a switch is considerably less difficult FWIW

If you have any installation questions, feel free to email: [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!

Nick C.

·
Site Sponsor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: FS: Footwell LED Kit! RGB Multicolor and Single color options! Everything include

They are a bit dated, but still pretty helpful IMO

We will have more Colorado and Canyon specific installation videos, once we have one in our studio

We will also have more Colorado and Canyon specific lighting options

Nick C.

·
Super Moderator
13,692 Posts

Supermodulations footwell LED's were plug-n-play and included a plug that connected to the factory 194 bulb sockets under the dash.

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-lighting-electrical/11795-how-let-there-light-supermodulation-footwell-leds.html

In 2009, GM discontinued the footwell light socket altogether. I connected mine into the dome light circuit, so that they operation just like the dome light. I like this method since they're dimmable and slowly fade on/off via the BCM. Look for an orange (V+) wire and a white (low reference) in the driver's side A pillar.

·
Site Sponsor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Our kit is less expensive, considerably brighter (5050 chips) and can be wired to use that same socket very easily. We also have multicolor options, and our strips can be dimmed just like the factory lighting.

It also comes with a 3-year warranty

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts

So vendors can't go into other threads and plug other products but mods can? Seams fair. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts

Would it be possible to get one side blue and the other red ??? And I would want to hook them into the OEM sockets.... Any problems with this setup ?? Thanks for any input !!!

·
Site Sponsor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Would it be possible to get one side blue and the other red ??? And I would want to hook them into the OEM sockets.... Any problems with this setup ?? Thanks for any input !!!
If you order a single color footwell kit, we could probably send you one red strip and one blue strip.

Give us a call: (314) 205-3033

I can't say that I've had someone ask for different colored strips yet lol

Nick C.

·
Site Sponsor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

If you intend on just installing single color strips. Our flex-lights have an adapter that will plug directly into that socket

FlexLight Trunk LED Strip - Trunk LED Kit - LED Strips - Lighting

This would be a direct plug-in

($30 shipped for two flex light strips)

Nick C.

·
Site Sponsor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Would these work for the interior dockets as well ??? Thanks !!!
The 194 plug is fairly common and will fit any regular 194 socket, but it's obviously not going to fit inside the housing with the lens cover put back on

How bright are you wanting to go here? lol

We have replacement LED bulbs for 194 and Festoon style sockets that will give plenty of brightness

Nick C.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts

With our foot well lights we don't have an lens covers so these should just plug right in if the socket is the right number.

Really like what you guys are doing and it appears that you guys are actually working on specific applications for our trucks. Once you get a truck in your showroom a post pics or videos of your products installed I'm sure you'll sell a lot more here. Cheers

·
Site Sponsor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

With our foot well lights we don't have an lens covers so these should just plug right in if the socket is the right number.

Really like what you guys are doing and it appears that you guys are actually working on specific applications for our trucks. Once you get a truck in your showroom a post pics or videos of your products installed I'm sure you'll sell a lot more here. Cheers
These will plug right in

Sorry, I was thinking somebody wanted to use the strips for dome lights or maps lights etc..got a bit mixed up there

Thanks for the kind words

We just moved into our new space about a month ago and have been testing cars on a weekly basis. If you know a forum member in the St. Louis area with a Colorado or Canyon, please have them send us a PM

Looking forward to providing some vehicle specific information. Similar to what we've done with this GMC Sierra:

(We got a better microphone now lol)

Nick C.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts