Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Not this truck---it's a Z85 4x4 LT ext cab with the V8 and leather option. Has the G80 locking diff, heavy duty 145 amp alternator, power options, etc. Most likely a special order truck, since Z85's with the V8 are pretty rare.
The fact that it was probably a special order may be a clue as to why it doesn't have a Satellite Radio. Maybe the person that ordered the truck deleted the option from his order. GM allows some specific standard items to be deleted on some models. The RPO code for XM Radio delete for 2011 was "U2J". It should have been the same for 2010. You might check to see if that code is on the label on the back of your glove box door.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The fact that it was probably a special order may be a clue as to why it doesn't have a Satellite Radio. Maybe the person that ordered the truck deleted the option from his order. GM allows some specific standard items to be deleted on some models. The RPO code for XM Radio delete for 2011 was "U2J". It should have been the same for 2010. You might check to see if that code is on the label on the back of your glove box door.
I don't have that code either, which is weird. The truck originally came from Newfoundland according to the carfax report. Everyone I've talked to on this forum and on Colorado nation forum have been surprised that it's a "loaded up" LT1--especially with the G80 locker and heavy duty alternator. A V8 Z85 4x4 with a 3.42 rear end and the G80 diff is a unique combination. I basically have a Z71 without fender flares, 4.10 rear and 18 in wheels/tires.

Not sure if ordering options are different up there or what the story is. I've attached a pic of my RPO list---I don't see the code on there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Unless you can trace the order or contact the person that ordered the truck, I guess it will remain a mystery. FYI, the 145 amp alternator is the standard alternator for all 5.3s. I have a 2011 LT1 (Z85) with the Leather and 5.3. The 4wd and G80 were not on my list of needs when I ordered mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unless you can trace the order or contact the person that ordered the truck, I guess it will remain a mystery. FYI, the 145 amp alternator is the standard alternator for all 5.3s. I have a 2011 LT1 (Z85) with the Leather and 5.3. The 4wd and G80 were not on my list of needs when I ordered mine.
That's what I've been told has made my truck a rare one--the 5.3/leather option along with the 4wd while still being a Z85. Most would probably order a Z71 and be done with it---although if I would have ordered this truck brand new, I would have probably done the same thing given the choice since I don't care for the harsh/stiff ride that comes with the Z71 suspension. My '99 Sierra is a Z71 and I was never crazy about the harsh ride with that truck. The G80 locker is a bonus that I wasn't even aware of until someone told me about the RPO codes. If the body holds up on this truck (snow is an issue where I live), I plan on driving it for a very long time :D

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
I can certainly see the want/need for 4wd and a locker for where you live. If I still lived in New England I would opt for those too. My model of choice was originally an LT3 (ZQ8) but I couldn't order either dark red or dark blue so I ended up with the one I have. At least I didn't end up with the useless (to me) sliding rear window. It would have been standard on the LT3. I'm also in for the long haul.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can certainly see the want/need for 4wd and a locker for where you live. If I still lived in New England I would opt for those too. My model of choice was originally an LT3 (ZQ8) but I couldn't order either dark red or dark blue so I ended up with the one I have. At least I didn't end up with the useless (to me) sliding rear window. It would have been standard on the LT3. I'm also in for the long haul.
The locking diff should be beneficial for me. I've owned (4) 4wd trucks in my lifetime and 3 of them didn't have the locking diff or even limited slip for that matter. After watching the youtube videos on the Eaton locker, I'm glad that I have it. I actually like the LT1 paint scheme without the chrome grille and bumpers, since up here the chrome never looks good after a few winters anyway. The blacked-out look that I have with this truck is appealing to me. I wouldn't use the sliding rear window either. The heated leather seats should be nice in the winter, although I've seen threads on here that remarked that the heat element has given some problems after a few years. When I purchased the truck 2 months ago, I added a 4 yr/48,000 mi warranty on top of the unexpired portion of the GM warranty, plus I had the dealer rustproof the crap out of the underneath. I plan on having that redone every fall--for the $75 that it costs, it'll be worth it. The state DOT uses calcium chloride salt on the state highways now, so it literally eats vehicles up after several winters--it really sucks. My '99 Sierra was immaculate when I bought it 6 years ago. It only took 4 winters to rot out the rockers and the rear fenders. :cry:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts