Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Colorado for almost 6 years now. It has 312000km on it. And it seems that almost everyone I talk to is blown away about it. They all say that these trucks are shit. And I couldn't disagree more. I've had no major problems with it and I bought it with 145000km on it.
Has anyone else experienced the hate on these trucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
^^this. I own a 2011 and I still get "warned" about the cylinder head issue.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Well in general terms.....stupid people speak what they're...stupid. I always ask stupid to state their sources.........well, ahhh, I read on the interweb.... STFU.... pop-tart

I went against the grain and bought a first model 355 in 04.........still have it and its been drama free ownership.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
In person, I don't tend to come across people speaking negatively about my truck. They are mostly curious how I like it, and usually ask about the I5.

Online, the Toyota guys don't speak too fondly of the 355.

I only have about 66,875 miles on my truck. In that time, the truck has been good to me, but since I take it off road, a few things have gone wrong, that likely would not have if I left it stock, and used it on road only. I replaced the front drive shaft due to a failing CV joint. Maybe a result of the Skyjacker kit. I also had to replace the G80 differential that would not lock any more. I replaced a front brake caliper that had a sticky piston. I wore out a pair of brake shoes too. I get occasional cylinder 5 misfires. I expect I'll have to replace front hubs soon.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
In person, I don't tend to come across people speaking negatively about my truck. They are mostly curious how I like it, and usually ask about the I5.

Online, the Toyota guys don't speak too fondly of the 355.

I only have about 66,875 miles on my truck. In that time, the truck has been good to me, but since I take it off road, a few things have gone wrong, that likely would not have if I left it stock, and used it on road only. I replaced the front drive shaft due to a failing CV joint. Maybe a result of the Skyjacker kit. I also had to replace the G80 differential that would not lock any more. I replaced a front brake caliper that had a sticky piston. I wore out a pair of brake shoes too. I get occasional cylinder 5 misfires. I expect I'll have to replace front hubs soon.
you mean its not always frozen in Canada? when did this happen? hahaha

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
you mean its not always frozen in Canada? when did this happen? hahaha
My truck grumbles a bit on cold winter starts, but has not failed me yet.

I live in the sunny southern part of the country though.

Unfortunately, they salt our roads in the winter, so my truck will probably be a rust bucket by about 2020.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I wont lie i put my little 2wd balls to the walls flooring it thru every mud hole in my county and i put the truck thru emortal hell and tbh besides a few minor issues (tires) haha the truck still runs like the day i got it!

·
Registered
868 Posts
My 06 has spent its entire life with at least double the HP it came with and still has except for the engine,tranny,(replaced one rear end @90,000 mi.) all the orig. parts,driveshaft,ujoints,brakes,shocks,suspension etc.etc and I have tried really hard to break stuff!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts

·
Why?...'Merica!
3,134 Posts
If you take care of it, it will last longer than you might expect. A little care now and then goes a long way in the future. My brother in law treats his 2004 f150 like shit and it doesn't even have 100k miles on it and it needs a new motor, 2nd trans, interior is shot. It's also a ford so we couldn't have expected much lol

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The day I brought my truck home, a co-worker started ho-humming about how his Tacoma has blah blah blah, and Consumer reports said yada yada, how are you gonna get around in the snow with no 4x4, what if you need to tow something big....

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Well every vehicle will have parts that go over time........like this stupid BMW I have right now...........sunroof sunshade track clips, coolant system that completely fails at 75-90k, thermostat housings that crack in half, airbag system that throws a airbag light if you fart in the seat....................BUT because its a BMW its the ultimate fuckin driving machine.

A Chevy breaks........and its a total piece of shit.

Your could fix almost all of the normal 355 issues at a fraction of the cost of just replacing the ALL plastic BMW coolant system. Read up on E46fanatics.com

Honestly, they are good cars.....just expensive to maintain. The common knowledge in the BMW world is.....if you buy a used E46 model of some sort, plan on spending 20% of the purchase price in maintenance within the first 12 months of ownership

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Point of comparison is not authorized :shrug:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yes.......I agree

1 - 20 of 40 Posts