Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on S10Forum in a project thread and figured I'd share it. I think it's pretty badass. I'm amazed that the Colorado grille and hood actually fit without sectioning, the Colorado seems so much wider than a first gen. That's the owner's Colorado in the pics next to it, and yes he already knew about 355Nation. ;)

Thread Here

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
talk about hack job! that is a LOT of work... will look good if he finishes it.
It's from a project thread, it's an ongoing project......

I don't see how it's hack, it's a well done swap IMO.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
It's from a project thread, it's an ongoing project......

I don't see how it's hack, it's a well done swap IMO.
I guess I worded that wrong. I in no way meant it wasn't a quality job. I just meant there has to be a lot of fabricating/cutting going on to make something like that fit right... I guess I need to read the thread in the link...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I worded that wrong. I in no way meant it wasn't a quality job. I just meant there has to be a lot of fabricating/cutting going on to make something like that fit right... I guess I need to read the thread in the link...
I see. :lol:

I read through the thread and from what he said it's a fairly easy conversion. I guess MiniTruckin or whatever magazine it is even made a How-to article about it. He shows the steps you have to take to do it, it doesn't look like the hardest thing in the world to do but I'd say it's a little above the average DIY person.

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
ya thats the one that got totaled

very sad

ive been reading the s-10 forum thread from start to finish and he has done A LOT of work to it

M

·
0 Posts
It looks off. The frame looks way too small for the body, and the front end looks too long. Just my opinion.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Isn't that the one that got totalled. I believe it was referred to as Blazerado or something like that...
I want to say that it isn't for some reason, I think they had different paint schemes and it had a Trailblazer front clip instead of a Colorado. I'll have to look.

edit: Nevermind, you were right. That is the truck that was totalled. It was on a trailer and the trailer was rolled.

I think that Blazer looks good, that conversion was a little more involved though. You can tell they molded in a lot more of the fender by looking at the wheel arch, that's a second gen as well. I think the lines of the first gen matches the look of the Colorado front better than the second, the second gens are too rounded. The Trailblazer front end on a second gen looks better IMO if it's done right.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
It looks off. The frame looks way too small for the body, and the front end looks too long. Just my opinion.
It looks small but I'm sure it's fine. You have to figure you're replacing a thin walled c-frame section with a thicker walled box tubing. It doesn't have to be huge. I'd imagine the proportions are a bit skewed because it doesn't have a bed on it. :shrug:

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
from what ive seen browsing through the thread the frame fits just right with the bed.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Man, I just read that whole freaking thread and that shit is the sickest conversion I have ever seen. It is worth your time to read the whole thing and to see what he is doing with the bed...

Damn clean IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm...kinda looks like a caveman with that rake/glass. :shrug:

But, it could be the missing parts. Either way, cool project.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts