Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.. I have an intermittent / random problem that I've not been able to figure out. On random occasions (seems like it's usually 6-8 weeks between incidents), my Colorado will not start. When you initially try to start it, it almost starts but then doesn't. You can turn the engine over until the battery is dead and it won't start. The engine turns over but doesn't start. It's like it's not getting gas or fire one. Interesting thing is you can walk away from it for something like 10-15 minutes, and then it will start fine. No engine codes. I thought it might be something electrical related and have tried disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it. That didn't solve the issue either. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's a 2004 Colorado I5 z71

·
Registered
673 Posts
passlock? can anyone confirm?

It sounds like it is similar except passlock doesn't let you turn the engine..

It could be a bad ignition.

·
Registered
278 Posts
passlock? can anyone confirm?

It sounds like it is similar except passlock doesn't let you turn the engine..

It could be a bad ignition.

Passlock will still allow the engine to turn on automatic equipped vehicle. It just won't allow it to actually crank.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
Passlock will still allow the engine to turn on automatic equipped vehicle. It just won't allow it to actually crank.
it will crank, unless its a 5 speed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts