Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to this all so please cut me some slack.

I have a 2wd 2012 Colorado WT, 4 cylinder. I recently switched from the 215/70/R16 steel wheels to a 235/75/R16 tire. My speedometer is off quite a bit as the tire is 2" taller than stock.

I know one way to get the speedometer fixed is a tune but are there other options? I have read a lot of forums saying stay away from dealers. Also Hypertech and Jet Performance offer kits to simply correct the speedometer. However, since i have a 4 cylinder and these are less common, the salesman at both told me they had no products which would work with my vehicle.

I will add that i am confused why this jet kit will not work since it only hooks into the transmission and i believe my truck came with a 4L60-E Transmission factory. These are very common so i am surprised nothing is available.

JET Performance 50108: Accu-Speed Calibrator 1993-2006 Chevy/GMC Truck/SUV | JEGS
JET Performance 50108: Accu-Speed Calibrator 1993-2006 Chevy/GMC Truck/SUV | JEGS

PLEASE HELP!!!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
@Supermodulation

Contact James for a tune.......... he can fix the speedo and add you some usable power which you'll want with your bigger tires.

The JET modules suck donkey balls

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
Or if your close to a remote tuner...... can be done in person!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts