Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to go ahead and start this build thread now so it'll be slow and steady. I never started one with my mustang over on moddedmustangs and I regret it! So this is how it starts!

1423175680096.jpg
That's her fresh off the lot and still clean!

1423175727301.jpg
First mod! Lol doesnt really count...just some babyproofing

1423175787486.jpg
And it starts! Zone 2in body blocks, and pro comp AAL.

Plan on installing this weekend (hopefully) will update with pics

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was going to say.... that dude...:b:

Lol but really it looks like you are off to a great start!! what are your long term plans for the truck/ future mods?
yea hes a co-worker lol thanks man!

i havent put up pics of this but the truck came with a folding tonneau cover, and a pioneer DVD/NAV unit.

as far as plans... im trying to fit a set of 285/75/16 (Pro Comp 7069 series 16x8 with 4" BS and -12OS wrapped with General Grabber AT2s) under it. Ive read through this forum a lot and i think ive got a general idea, with understanding that ill probably still have rubbing and have to trim a bit. Im going to crank the front TB and flip the bjs with a spacer, also the diff drop, to bring my angles closer to normal again.

after that... bull bar, nerf bars, and a hitch. then im sure this forum will have me doing other smaller mods! Im all about small mods man, they make a difference!

Also, I dont do a bunch of off roading and when i do its more mud holes as opposed to rock crawling and what not so its pretty mild. more often than not though the truck will be on the road.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1423439554513.jpg
1423439581485.jpg

The tonneau cover and HU that cane with the truck

Have some nerf bars on the way also. Ill have them on Tuesday.

Used to work at an accessories shop and my old boss is hooking me up. Quoted me $520 for nerf bars, bull bar w/ set of off-road fogs, and hitch & wiring!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so let me start with the bad news...I have no pics right now because I am at work without my phone, and also only a few to give once im home (for the moment) ..

Had a lot going on lately so its pushed me back quite a bit but at the same time, gave me time to gather parts. I did however, get to install my 2" lift blocks last weekend. Pretty straight forward, however im waiting for a longer fuel hose to arrive (should be here tomorrow) as I didnt but the kit so I did not have the filler neck extension. Along with that, I had to figure the steering extension thing out (which i made a thread about before I should have). So you DONT NEED to have the steering extension, but it would probably be preffered. I will not have one, just extended the intermediate shaft a bit (not ideal or recommended). Other than that I rotated the fan shroud, and extended my fog light harnesses until I raise the bumpers.

As for the fun stuff, I have ordered a different AAL than I orginal bought. I decided to go with the Rancho RS60613 that is not marketed for our trucks. Read some threads and though Id give it a go. Also, Rancho RS5000 front and rear shocks, upper BJ spacers from Larry, Ive had my nerf bars in for a while, and my wheels and tires (16x8 Pro Comp 7069 Series and General Grabber AT2s). I only grabbed four for now, Ill have to get the spare down the road. Im going to go ahead and cut my body mounts as well so I dont have to worry about that when the tires come in.

Should do the install within the next week and Ill have tons of pics of it all! Sorry for the long boring, no picture post lol but I just wanted to put an update on here. and before somebody else says it, i already know :emoticonwithoutpics

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Extended fuel hose on
1428444059846.jpg

Steering shaft back in
1428444096045.jpg

Also had to extend a hose coming from the air box
1428444148008.jpg
Its not on in the pic but it goes down to the hose port further down that you can see

All other parts are in except my wheels and tires. Going to get my buddy to hack my body mounts this weekend hope fully.

As for right now, my garage is taken by my fiances car... new wheel bearings going in on both front hubs.

Attachments

·
Ride, Boldly, Ride
551 Posts
Out of curiosity, which filler neck did you order? Did a body lift myself, and curious about what other options there were that didn't come with a kit

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Look'n good so far...nice lift work in progress - keep it up!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Out of curiosity, which filler neck did you order? Did a body lift myself, and curious about what other options there were that didn't come with a kit
I didnt buy a new filler neck, i bought a new hose. 1.25" hose with a 1.25" to 1" reducer to go on the actual plastic tube. You can see it in the pic

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I made a thread the other day... http://www.355nation.net/forum/lift...y-hitting-radiator-line.html#/forumsite/20855

Thank you to the people that gave some pointers there...i ended up modifying the stock rad brackets to drop the rad about 2in (1 7/8" to be exact) ... it was a pain in the ass but i basically cut the mount off and just raised it and secured it back to the bracket, but had to cut out a few pieces on the brack to make it work.
1429050290420.jpg
1429050306629.jpg

I also had to use aluminum flat strap to secure the condensor since that part of the bracket got lowered and the condensor has to stay put.

I also met up with a buddy of mine that has a welder today and cut back my cab body mounts today so now thats out of the way. I havent painted yet but it came out good i think!
1429050494885.jpg
1429050510631.jpg
1429050529170.jpg
1429050550678.jpg

Probably put the nerf bars on now. I figured id wait until i cut the mounts so they weren't in the way and i wouldnt have to take them off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts